Hit The Mother Lode !!

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm visiting my son and family (taking care of grandkids, daughter in law had surgery monday) in the San Francisco area from Atlanta. We went "nursery hopping" last friday and came across a local nursery that had about 6-7 different kinds of daturas in 4" square pots! Plus all sorts of other unusual and interesting plants. I have unsuccessfully tried to germinate seeds this past spring and finally dumped the whole mess in my large pots before I left. I am headed back there before the end of the week to purchase 2 of each (more is better...any gardener in their right mind knows this, right? lol). I plan on rolling the plants in newspaper and packing them into my suitcase. My question is this legal to do? This nursery will ship them to me but I figure this would be less of a shock and easier on my wallet.
Now watch...that whole mess of seeds that didn't germinate for me will probably "wake up" and I'll have them everywhere!

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I came home from Denver a little over a week ago and I brought a whole suitcase of plants home that I bought there. What I did was, went to the post office, got a a priority mail box, wrapped the potted plants in news paper, then packed them in the box then they went into the suitcase in a box. Made it home fine, no broken plants.

Cathy

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

can i ask what nursery??

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

FlamingoCarole, WONDERFUL!!!

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

cbrandenburg...thanks for the suggestion! we have a box right here that will just be perfect....providing I don't go back again before I head back home next week (the nursery is less than 10 min away, lol)
imzadi...it's Annie's Annuals...I found out about them through these forums. by the way, DH says it has not stopped raining since I left atlanta last week...those porcelain vine seedings I will be sending you should be huge...be forewarned...a dainty little trellis won't work for these guys!
judy c...thx :-)

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

hehe they have a whole back fence to climb on. it hasnt rained today so far but at last count its been 15 days of rain. i cant stand anymore rain.

but they are calling for more. i live about 3 hrs from atlanta . so it will probably still be here when you get home unfortunatly. sorry to say.

my poor plants have mini life preservers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.