iris ???

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I have lots of iris but what is
ib and other initials for???
I have bearded and siberian and others!!!
just need to know what i got here!!!!!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

IB stands for Intermediate Bearded-they bloom in between the SDB/MDB (Standard Dwarf Bearded/Miniature Dwarf Bearded) and the TB (Tall Bearded). I have more information on blooming heights, etc. if you want.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

You can read about the different iris types and designations here:

http://www.irises.org/classification.htm

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Welcome notmartha. Did you plant the iris yourself or did you inherit them? If you want to know what you have, then you have to give us a closer peek. :-)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

wow notmartha, you weed beautifully, I have 2 rows of iris, and I need to run the tiller desperately, but not in this l00 degree weather .

beutiful picture.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

hi, notmartha--

I love your iris colors--looks like mostly the violets and purples and so soothing to look at...let's see some more pictures, please! ;-) t.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

thanks for explaining that!! Laurie thanks for that link also

I have been posting pics of whats blooming in this link
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/513203/

thanks everyone! I have all kinds and lots of colors!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

NotMartha - very nice!!

Judy

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Yes notmartha very,very nice!
Jody

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Notmartha, :-(

I feel like scolding you for keeping all those beautiful garden pics over on the Michigan forum. I can only think you posted there to keep them private for the Michiganders and so we Buckeyes can't enjoy them!

Nevertheless, I love your spring purple garden and will go over there to sneak a peak from time to time....

Happy gardening. t.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow! Notmartha, your garden is lovely!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

thanks everyone and ya'll can join us in the michigan forum no matter where you are located!!! :)

This message was edited Jun 9, 2005 12:47 PM

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Dori--I can barely keep up with Iris, Daylily, Lily forums--I would NEVER have noticed the Michigan posts. Thanks for showing us your iris photos!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.