New Buck Goat

Hempstead, TX(Zone 8a)

Good Morning All -

Heat and humidity continues to beat down on us here in Monaville, and we are in need of rain; however, b/c we are now in the hurricane season we will be seeing all sorts of wild weather.

I finally got a male Nubian to breed with my female. He (Buck) seems a little clueless and she (Milagra) is not interested right now, although she stays close to him. This is my first venture into the business of breeding goats, so if anyone out there has any advice for me, I am all ears. I have my goat and farm books at the ready but "people" input is always an added bonus.

Gary and I are now working on building 2 small sheds in two of the goat pastures and hopefully will begin building stalls soon to house more goats. I find this all very exciting and hope for a healthy crop of little ones.

Regards to all,
Melissa

p.s. well, as I was writing this, the septic system decided to shut down. ...film at 11pm...

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!