we need wildflower coop

New Providence, NJ(Zone 6a)

I love wildflowers in my garden. It's not easy to get them from local nursery. And I have been watching coop forum. But there is no wildflower coop. I think we need one. I will be in if there is one.

Fang

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

What about a wildflower SEED co-op? I would be leery of a wildflower plant co-op because of difficulties in shipping, but I have been looking at seeds for my backlot recently.

http://www.prairienursery.com

I emailed this company just with general questions and they were very helpful.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Fang, I am not intentionally raining on your parade, but I do have to let you know that suggesting a co-op is a no-no. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/499998/

I think Dave should put this thread as a sticky on the co-op forum since I had to dig to find it, and the rules and regs in this thread are very important.

Carmen

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks Carmen, I totally forgot about that.

Carmen, I didn't know that at all. Thanks for the infor. I wasn't intend to do one (never did it, and also don't have the time). I was hoping someone will do it. Now I will forget about it. So should I remove this forum? if so, how?

Fang

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I've done a few wildflower co-ops in the past, but unless something dramatically changes in the next several months, I'm not going to have time this year. There's also the issue of timing - by the time the plants go dormant for the growers here, the folks "up north" are too far into late fall/winter to plant things.

If someone wants to do some research and plan a seed co-op, that would be nice ;o) Or maybe someone can do a plant co-op in early spring.

Terry, I saw the old co-ops you did. That's why I was drooling on those. I didn't join the DG at that time yet. Since then, I keep watching to see if you are going to do another one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.