Had fresh vegatables for supper tonight.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Well folks, I had fresh peas, cooked cabbage, new potatoes and lettuce for supper tonight. Was soooooooooo good!!. I am having brocolli like you wouldn't believe. Have frozen quite a bit. Have corn, half runner beans, limas, jackson wonder limas, squash cucumbers, cauliflower, beets, tomatoes, up and growing well, have all kinds of green tomatoes, so can't wait to see which ones ripen first. I have about 11 varieties. Oh, I do have green peppers too. My favorite is tomatoes, can't wait for the first ripe one.

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wish my family would eat just vegies now and then. If they don't have a slab of meat in front of them, they'll act like its the end of the world. lol

Judy81350, I can eat just veggies, and really enjoy them. For the DH, he has to have meat with everything. Tonight I made chicken strips for him. In the summer I eat very healthy, just veggies. Love them!!

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

I totally love vegies. Not all of them, but most. My favorite combo is broccoli, carrots, green onions and celery, stir fried in sesame oil and a little salt. I love stir fried vegies. I like them tempura style too. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

defoecat;

Sounds good! You're a little ahead of me, probably another week before my peas are ready, haven't checked the taters yet. We've had lots of broccoli too, as well as lettuce, radishes and green onions. We did have one ripe mater, although a cherry tomato, you should have seen my wife and I splitting that one in half! Delicious though!

Good luck with the rest of your season!

Big_Red, hope that cherry tomato was a big one. I can just see the knife cutting through that itty bitty thing. LOL. We have had green onions and lettuce the peas and broccoli, all so good. Will have cauliflower next week.Judy81350, i steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, then just garnish with butter. Have to settle for store bought carrots though, as I have never had any real luck with them here. I am going to try your mixture, sounds good, may add some mushrooms to that. I can think of lots of things, maybe water chestnuts, baby corn, sugar snap peas, yum, making myself hungry.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

*G* I'm to southern for that Judy...I gotta cook em down to nothing and toss in some cornbread to make it a meal.

Kerrville, TX

Oh Man...isn't it wonderful...I cooked my first pot of green beans and new potatoes today and I can't keep from dipping my fork in the pot for a sample taste...Hope there is enough left for supper....

Eating your own fresh veggies is just what gardening is all about and it just renews my love of gardening....a friend recently told me she didn't like cleaning all that dirt off of stuff from the garden so she'd rather just not garden...you know what...I felt sorry for her...

HotnSpicy, just can't fathom anyone not liking veggies from the garden. There is just no comparison in taste from the ones in the grocery to the home grown ones. We had a new family move into our community 3 years ago, we shared everything from the garden with them, and know what, before the next growing season, they wanted to learn how to garden. (They are from the D.C. area) They have put out a garden this year and are so excited about it. I get almost daily updates on how things are doing. I started all my tomato plants this year, and gave them some for their garden, The next day she brought brownies for us, saying that she couldn't repay us for the advice and plants, so she wanted to do something for us to show appreciation. What a deal DH just loves her brownies.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Spinich,Swiss Chard,onions,lettuce, and Sugar Snap Peas are it for me so far but the Broccli and Cauliflower are on the way soon. Ernie

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

I ordered two kinds of potatoes today along with potato fertilizer. Yukon Gold and Red Potato La Soda. Never grew potatoes before. Have no clue how to do it. I guess I'll learn right quick.

San Jacinto County, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Judy81350 Queen Creek, AZ
Welcome!
-
Son and family jus moved bac heah from Az land.
I am making a post on this forum featuring his children.

Starting with potaoes, but it'll be about several veg, types. methods and comments etc. Personal stuff too!

I was here from Feb yr back. Gave mesef a BD present.
I wish There was time and will power to grow all that I might.
Can't!
My gardening friends do more than I so it evens out.

Ernie;
Lucked out on Swiss Chard.
Got to wait on tha fall! Thank gosh fer those friends........

Queen Creek, AZ(Zone 9a)

heycharlie, I bet your so happy to have your family close to you. Now you have more to grow for. :)

I hope my potatoes will grow. Not sure about the concept of growing them, but I'm going to try. I should be getting them any day now, so I hope they will not go bad until I have to plant them. I believe sept. 1st for me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.