Attention anybody who wants Jim Westerfield Mints...

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

I have been in contact with Fragrant Fields to do some kind of co-op and after emailing back and forth Brian the gentleman Ive been in contact with emailed me today with a marvelous idea on how all DG people can get in on a deal without making this a co-op and save us some money...
Heres the deal...if you would like to go to Fragrant Fields website http://www.fragrantfields.com/store.asp and pick out the mints you want..either the JM mints or otherwise when you check out use the special code at check out and you will get the 2.89 price for the mints...the code is davesgarden...do not hyphen or space between the name and you will get the 2.89 price..its a savings of 17.2 percent..He did say that they are low on the Julies mint from the JM collection though.....Hope this makes everybody happy since I wasnt going to do the co-op with all the problems of shipping.....Im very pleased with Fragrant Fields answer to the problem....May I say...yipppppppeeeeeee...Judy
PS.. this deal will go until the 22nd of June..

This message was edited Jun 6, 2005 3:00 PM

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

I am so excited! I just ordered ten! The discount works great, shows right there when you order. I asked for:

Hazelnut
Spice
Marshmallow
Candied Fruit
Candy Pops
Fruit Salad
Mint Patty
Marilyn's Culinary Delight
Jessie's Pear
Wild Berries

Imagine the swap we'll have next year...

Thanks for this!

Barb

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

done, I hope i'm not too late, I just ordered 2 julies wintergreen

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

My order was over 50.00 gulp...had to have everything...lolol....

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Holy moly, LOL was that all in mints? or thymes, they do have a nice selection of thymes too, I'm getting my papa genos order on the 9th,

when you leaving for vacation again?

you'll be missed.

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

Kathy, we are leaving on Saturday morning..coming home on the 21st...Im trying my hardest to get all my plants babysat and hoping mother nature will water them as I dont think my neighbor will water them enough....all my brugs are repotted in larger pots so that will help not having to water so much...the scenteds are all potted up and in the greenhouse..my daughter is in charge of watering them...
Im suppose to get my order from Papas on the 8th...now to figure out where to put them...hoping they are big enough to take cuttings before we leave...Judy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Well, you have fun, try not to think of those plants, I'm pretty lucky in that department, I have a plant lover who takes care of mine for me, and in return, (since I live so far from her) she gets what ever she wants. LOL though she wants no more. says her husband 's going to shoot her if she brings home another plant, she still likes to c ome out and water the plants for me.

And my daughter and husband would take care of them better than I do LOL

Longview, TX

Sounds great....THANKS.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I just ordered a couple. I hope they still have some left.

Thanks so much for everything you did to make this happen.

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

You are so welcome..Im just glad that we could do this...Judy

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

Do you know how long they are going to honor this offer? My budget sees mint available next week. I long for the lime and other lovelies..... But I mourn my miniscule moolah this month.....

June is always funny for stylists. Everyone comes before graduations/weddings/proms, and then its too nice outside to sit inside for a haircut. So, everyone goes to the beach here in RI, I follow the shade through my beds. Hee hee...

Thanks for getting us a deal! You rock!

-=LuLu

Hindsville, AR(Zone 6b)

Thanks, I made myself a 40 dollar order too!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LuLu, I think Judy said the deal would be honored until June 22 (see bottom of first post).

Since we'll have a chance to exchange things at the RU, Mysticwill and I are doing a joint order for

Orange Mint
Hillary's Sweet Lemon
Jim's Candy Lemon Lime
Julia's Sweet Citrus
Jesse's Sweet Pear
Sister Julie's Wintergreen
Marshmallow
Candied Fruit
Wild Berries
Candy Pops

Judy, thank you so very much for getting this deal for us!!

Sammamish, WA(Zone 7b)

Just what I needed! a little incentive to push me over the edge.
I've been planning on ordering for a while now, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the deal!
I ordered:
Mint ‘Fruit Sensations'
Mint ‘Sister Julie's Wintergreen'
Mint ‘Wild Berries'
Mint, Hillary's Sweet Lemon
Mint, Iced Hazelnut
Mint, Jessie's Sweet Pear Mint
Mint, Jim's Candy Lemon Lime
Mint, Julia's Sweet Citrus
Mint, Marilyn's Culinary Delight

I need to build some new contained planting areas now... my other ones are filled. I may just keep these in pots for a while. I'm always looking for new ideas for containing mints, though... what do you guys do? I've used brick stepping stones (1ft x 2ft) buried the long way to make 5'x5' boxes. I have two to four types of mint and a fruit tree in each one. (Orange and chocolate go well together.) Pennyroyal jumped it's borders a long time ago. I mow between the beds to keep most of the invaders down. It smells wonderful after mowing...

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I have so many now I have to resort to pots too, but I tell you, I had 5 in pots this past winter and left them out , they didn't come back, and I heard from another mint collecter that some of her mints in pots that were left out, didn't come back either, so the ones in pots are going into the greenhouse this winter, to assure that they will come back, I don't know why , but I have a harder time growing mints in pots, the ones that do well in pots get root bound fast and die quickly if I don't divide them, most of the time I end up putitn gmy potted mints in the ground somewhere.

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

Im so glad everybody is taking advantage of the deal from this company...maybe he will do it again for us in the future if we get a good turn out......and I lost some of my mints that I had in my cold frame..I blamed it on getting the cuttings late in the season but maybe its because they were in pots...Judy

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Glad to know this about pots as I've run out of room in my mint beds. I'll pot them but move them into the GH, too, over the winter. Peppermint does fine in a pot (in my experience) but maybe the hybrids can't take the cold as well in a pot?

Barb

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

whoops, ya snooze, ya loose! they ran out of the 'Sister Julie's Wintergreen' mint, so I got 'Oregano Thyme' mint instead. They have a place for comments in the order process, so I asked them to add a wintergreen mint if it becomes available, and I also listed a couple of acceptable substitutes and asked that they not do any substitutions except those. Hopefully that will prevent any problems when they fill the order.

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

I intend to do that on all my large plant orders from now on. It worked great with the scenteds, so I wasn't disappointed.

Barb

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

I have to plant all mine in pots because I refuse to put them in the ground so that they can take over! I have enough problems with the Lemon Balm. If you have large unmoveable pots, my MIL overwinters her roses by putting bubble wrap aroung the base. Seems to work here.

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

My lemon balm is nice and bushy but has never spread. I've read here before that others have the same problem you do with it. So, why don't I? (Not that I'd mind. It's in the "lemon" garden anyway...)

Barb

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

Mine is a tidy clump as well, but its only 3 years old. Are there different varieties?

-=LuLu

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

There is lime balm. But the clump is tidy it's just seeding itself all over, so I would have had that problem in a pot. I plan to deadhead this summer!

Muskegon, MI(Zone 5a)

My lemon balm is all over the place now..its a very old clump but I think the seeds fly all over....lime balm is pretty well behaved but it seems to spread like mint ..Ive got lime mint and lime balm next to each other..took me a season to know the difference between both since my tags went byebye....
well today is my lat day of working in the garden and taking cuttings..It will kill me to be at work today thinking of all the things I need to do before tomorrow morning...I will miss all of you..DG has become a great place for me since Ive made such wonderful gardening friends...hopefully I will have time to check mail after work..see you after the 21st....Judy

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh yes Judy, is leaving off tomorrow, your gonna have fun, just think of all those plants you'll be seeing along the way LOL. we're going up to michigan for 3 days next weekend, and there is a humongous nursery close to my sis, she said she'd take me there, I can't wait, cause they have it all, supposedly alot of herbs too, the whole thing is in side this one great big greenhouse, looks like abou tl0 greenhouses all connected, im excited just to go there, LOL I went once before but it was in winter and they only had the poinsettas.

my lemon balm reseeds all over the place too, seems like the seedlings aren't as strong as thmother plant is either.

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

Guess I'm always nipping at the lemon balm, and it doesn't get to bloom.

Lime balm??? I love lime! I make the most amazing lime cookies, and these citrus white chocolate macadamia nut cookies..... Mmmmmm liiiiimmmme, need to find me one of those. IMO, there isn't enough citrus-y stuff that grows outside here in RI.

...loopy for lime...

-=LuLu

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

I got the lime balm at papa geno's .

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Ah, that must be it. Mine NEVER goes to seed as I am always cutting away at it! What is the botanical name for lime balm, anyway? I can't find it in PlantFiles...

Barb (and now I'll stop hijacking this thread...)

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

It is Melissa officinalis 'Lime'

it is in the mint family

here's a description

http://www.papagenos.com/

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks, Mobi! Now, back to mints...

Ba

Coventry, RI(Zone 6a)

but it _is_ a mint....

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

Has anybody received theirs yet?

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

LuLu, LOL! See I didn't really hijack the thread...

I haven't gotten mine. I'm hoping they ship early in the week and I'll have it them in a few days?

Barb

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I don't have mine yet either. Did anyone get an email notification of the order? I didn't, and it's been worrying me.

Dallas, TX

Thanks Jutz... dont do me anymore favors...lol once I got in there I saw a lot more than mints... I just dont have any self control! love the sight! I am embarresed by what I spent. LOL
Sylvia

Dallas, TX

Hey CRIT... I just saw you here ... this is the same site you were telling me about.:)
Sylvia

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I didn't get a notification either, but they shippd my last order out right away, they ship out on mon and tues of each week,

we should all get our s by this next thurs for sure. I hope so. i'll be gone fri -sunday

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Just got an email from them. Is someone with that company a member here?

Joan,
Just wanted to let you know we have your order, and that it will be shipped on Monday, June 13. We only ship on Monday's (or Tuesday if the shipping addy is close to us) so we can be more certain that the plants will not sit over the weekend while in transit to our customers. So orders placed on late Sunday or Monday or Tuesday have the longest shipping times.

Just wanted to keep you up to date...

Thanks,
Brian Hanson

Victorville, CA

Ok, I've been gone for awhile and just saw this thread. Crud! I missed the Sister Julie's Wintergreen again! Anybody actually get this one? And if you did would you be interested in doing some starts from it? We could figure some type of trade of something.
-Juli

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

juli64, it was on my order. If I get it, I will be happy to send you some cuttings or root them first, which ever you want.

Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.