Today I didn't stop...

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I was out and about today and passed by both a plant store and a pot shop and... are you sitting down? - I didn't stop! I have exactly the same number of pots as I have plants!

Yes, you heard me right, every plant has a pot and every pot has a plant.

I started my container area in February and this is a first for me. I'm even feeling that I've got the area pretty close to the way I want it!!! Not that I think gardening is ever done. :P

Don't get me wrong - I have at least three plants that have to move up a pot size before the end of the month and one of my plants is temporarily in a pot while it waits for me to start a whole new drip system and get planted. OK and there's a couple little plants that I want to put around the edges of bigger potted plants as "spillovers."

But I still think it's a banner day for me, lol!

I *could* start looking for those bigger pots for the plants that need to go up a size... then, of course, I'll need to buy a few things to fill those smaller pots... that might make things off balance so then I might need to get something to fix that... by then it'll be time for something else to move up a pot size...

Sure is nice to have Dave's where I can share this joyous occasion and folks won't have me committed.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

You are already committed... Committed to filling those pots! =D

Where did you do your shopping, Jen?

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Howdy, neighbor!
I spread my thin wages around pretty well. :) I do the big box stores but I LOVE Bach's and Rillito. I go to Ponderosa, Silverbell, and a few other places, too when I get out that far.
What stores have I perhaps seen you? LOL

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I used to live on the NW side (Cortaro Farms Road), but am on the eastside now. So I shop HD, and Mesquite Valley Growers. I am always looking for good and cheap pots, although I wouldn't travel to the NW side just to get them. It takes a crowbar to pry me away from the garden and all the projects around the house! =D

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Does MVG have brightly colored pots like in my picture? I don't get out to that side of town often but t I thought I'd make an effort to stop by there next time I do.

Thumbnail by TucsonJen
Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thats a nice pot! I have seen pots like that at Magic Gardens on 22nd, east of Pantano. Not cheap, though. I will have to check MVG and see what they have. I won't get there until Sat. They close too early for when I get out of work.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Another memorable today today...

The Drip is done! Woo hoo! All the non-cactus and succulent pots are hooked up to my drip system. My fingers are killing me from jamming the doohickeys on the whatchamacallems but it DONE!

Okay, there is one out-of-reach pot that I had better not neglect and a couple of my pots are twice a dayers. But still, I'm DONE! I can water three plants in the morning and not worry about it in the evening. I'm so glad that it's not weighing on me anymore, can you tell? LOL

Now I can start thinking about these thriller, filler, spiller combination things that you impressive people have been doing. With few exceptions, I've been pretty much a one plant per pot amateur so far. I'm itching to do more, more, more!

And I'll own up that I bought another pot today... I had to! I've got to move a few things up a size. Also I've got a tiny Bat Face Cuphea that needs a pot... you can see the poor thing has been left in it's white plastic pot like a orphan or something.

Jen

Thumbnail by TucsonJen
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Beautiful! What an accomplishment, and I know it's such a relief to have it in! (Funny how sore fingers are soothed just by the sound of the drip opening up!LOL)

You probably don't want to hear this right now, lol, but a sweet thing about drip is its expandability ease -- after the fingers recover from hooking up 100 little "water fairies", adding another here and there is no sweat! (At least that's what I tell myself at the nursery, lol.) And congrats on your pot shopping...I think outstanding self control is exhibited if less than 5 follow us back, lol.

Your patio arrangement is just beautiful with all the blue pots. (What is the gorgeous weepy plant towards the right bottom in the photo?)

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hiya, Dew!

Thanks for the encouragement. :) So many plants, so little space...

I think you're asking about the Ponytail Palm (Beaucarnea recurvatas). I ought to put it on a stand since it's ponytail is touching the ground. My Spider Plant is dragging, too, and it's getting burnt by the temperature of the cement! The Ponytail is in a shadier spot, thank goodness. Anyway, the only other one you might have meant is the philodendron called Showboat. It's the one on a stand.

Off to Mexico for a few days. Think I'll bring back any pots? :)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Jen! Showboat, then, was the one. VERY nice.

And have a great trip!

Can't wait to see your new pots. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.