Pie & Nut

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Does anyone have any information about these SDB iris. Banbury Pie & Nutburst. They were given to me and I can't find anything in the AIS register. Maybe newer then the checklist has. I do have photos.
Thanks
Bonnie

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Bonnie,

There are no irises registered with the AIS by those names ... unless they are '05 intros.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Laurie how do you know this? Doesn't the AIS register only go to 1999? Or am I not using it correctly? I use checklist to find the iris, then click on the name to see the info.. I used the free checklist for a while then paid the fee for more info.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

Why not go back to the person who gave them to you. They may be in the process of being registered. ie: the name has been OKed by AIS but registration process not completed yet.

We often test iris up here for a few years before they are introduced. They are usually IDed by a code though, not a name.
Inanda

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Bonnie, you are correct about the irisregister.com databases. I just so happen to own a full set of the hard copy Check Lists and R & I booklets through 2004.

Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

The person that gave them to me said these were the names she got with them. I'm going to an iris show this weekend, maybe I can find out something there.
This is Banbury Pie.

Thumbnail by hooked
Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

This is Nutburst.

Thumbnail by hooked
Farmington, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks Laurie, I appreciate you checking those for me. Maybe she has the spelling off. I think she has had them a few years, so I thought they might be early 2000's.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.