Wisteria Help Needed Please

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi, I could use a little help with my wisteria please. I planted two several months ago, and although one has gone crazy with new 'arms' everywhere, the other is kind of sad looking. I will post a photo of the sad brother. The tips of most leaves are yellow or brown and some of the leaves have died altogether. There are no new runners that I have noticed. I have looked carefully at the leaves, and it doesn't seem to be a pest issue. Maybe too much water? It's on the north side of my house, where as the other is on the south. Maybe it doesn't like this exposure? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much! :)

Thumbnail by cnswift
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i know most wisterias here grow in partial shade. i am in SC. i hardly water mine too much as they dont like soggy feet. i went a dug up a wild one and its lucky if it gets water then other then rain.

did you fertilize it?? that may be fertizer burn if you use water soluble fert.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

No, no furtilizer yet since it's so new. It does feel pretty soggy however. Since the sun is not beating down on that side of the house, the ground just doesn't dry out as well between waterings. Maybe I'll try to adjust the sprinklers to see if it gets happier with dryer feet. Thanks for your response.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

put some paper like news paper down to help absorb some of the water tommorow if they are still wet. let completly dry out between waterings and see if that helps also.

good luck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.