High winds and rain sweep through the Grand Rapids are today

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Bringing much needed rain but 36,000 folks now without electricity in West Michigan.
Boy are we dry and in dire need of more rain.
We saw tree limbs down as we traveled from the Caledonia area
to north Kent County were we live.
Whew...hot one today...August like 90º
Summer has done arrived kids! ;-)

Mount Pleasant, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry to hear about the damage, Cottage. Here in Mt. P I just got a nice steady rain for an hour or two. It was a welcome sight.

Hope everyone else is doing well.. I heard there were some tornados a few miles east of me.

Nick

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

we had several bad storms with tornado sightings all around us!! We got lots and lots of rain!!
I have some Iris down here but again the Lord put his hands around my lil area and the BAD storms went around us on both sides!
There was Hail and High winds but it passed us by! AMEN!
There are alot of power outages and there was even flooding on some streets in town. 91 was the high and we were loving it-lizzy(granddaughter)was skinny dipping in her wading pool right before the storms started.

I hope all of you were spared too!
the plants are watered well-the weeds shall pull easy tomorrow! :)

HUGZ
dori

This message was edited Jun 6, 2005 10:49 AM

Glad you guys suffered no damage and back to weeding tomorrow! ;-)

Now why did you two have to ruin a perfectly good discussion about weather with weeding?! Now I can picture all the little weeds just poking through all over.. curses!

:)

Nick

No kidding Nick and we have Quack Grass out here in the boonies...which spreads like cancer and I am constantly battling it. UGH

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We had high winds here south of Detroit and some rain but not nearly enough. We are very dry and could use a lot more. The garden is loving the heat though.

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

We got zero rain here, only about a muile from Cindy.
Heavy winds for about 10 minutes, thats all.
Need rain bad.

Paul

You know, it is still really windy today.. I am having gusts of almost 30mph!! I went out to stake the Delphs just in case.

Nick

PS Oh, and since you guys mentioned "them", I had lots of weeds. I blame you.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

LOL I have been weeding all day-im beat!!!!
we have had high winds also today
I staked the delphiniums last year and I have left them staked-ha ha winds!
I do have some broken lupine and iris buds,and i missed a few daylilies opening :-(

The ground is plenty wet here still and the weeds were pulling easily so I kept going ang going ang going and now im tired and have leg aches!
Im so glad to see some summer weather!!!

Tomorrow I have Elizabeth so I will have to PLAY all day!! :)
going to go soak and turn the jets on in the tub!!!

High winds here too. I was sitting under my patio table umbrella today chatting with a friend on the phone and sipping ice tea and my umbrella got to flapping in the wind and per- ner got blowed away! YIKES!
As my hubby says..."so windy it could blow the hay out of a cow".
No rain today and we need it bad!

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm in the Caledonia area and we got a drenching!! Not complaining tho, but now I have a ton of maple leaves to clean up!! It was so hot here that my strawberries are getting mushie - went out and picked a bowl full and had to toss over half of them.

Gonna be a scorcher here today, maybe the AC will have to be turned on!!! Gotta go hit the weeds...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.