Identification please

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It's beautiful but I lost the name.

Thumbnail by pirl
Celina, TN(Zone 6b)

I don't know the name but it is a beauty.
Winnie

Thanks. It makes a fantastic grouping! I know it's from Cooley's, probably back in '96.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

The ones I came up with from Cooley's with that coloration are: 'Edith Wolford', 'From A Distance' and 'Two Sided Coin'.

I couldn't see the hafts in this pic, but if it doesn't have yellowish gold shoulders, you can rule out 'Two Sided Coin'. It's harder to tell the difference between the other two. I'll leave their descriptions with you here:

Edith Wolford-Ben Hager, 1986

Standards are canary yellow. Falls are blue-violet, with deeper coloration in the center of the falls. Beards are orangish yellow in the throat, ending in blue. Bloom height of about 40 inches.

From A Distance-Richard Ernst, 1994

Standards are light yellow, with a blue-violet infusion. Falls are an evenly colored light blue-violet. Yellow beards. Bloom height of about 38 inches.

From your picture, it looks like your beards end in blue. If this is the case, then it's probably Edith Wolford. You can check the bloom height too. Although, both of these irises are pretty tall.

Hope this helps! :]

FF - you are amazing! Thank you so much! It is Edith Wolford. I only bought about eight irises and one pink one, Elisa Renee, died. I miss that one.

Thank you for bringing Edith back to my brain!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.