Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

3. Hognosed Snake.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

4 Another.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

5. At first when I came near him, he turned over and looked like road kill. I turned him back and he turned over on his back again. I turned him back over, he then coiled and struck at me, missing by a good margin. I then stopped bothering him. I was demonstrating to DW and DS how they act.

Thumbnail by trois
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Aaaaaah Trois another thread just for Patischell! ;)

Wonderful pics Ü ......I love the ones of the Ribbon Snake (both it and the background colours are fantastic :)

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

5. Cottonmouth, very angry. My son had captured him to show his young sons so they would know what to avoid. When angry their horns pop up. The round eye pupil is due to low light. He was released at the Bayou unharmed.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

7. Roadhog Bullsnake. This one was stretched out across a seldom used country road in Southwest Oklahoma. He was sunning to help digest his last rodent meal. There were hay stacks on both sides of the road. I finally had to pick him up to remove him from the road so we could pass. He grumbled off into the grass. Lots of people would have run him over, but the farmers like them for rodent control.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thank you, Lilypon.

8. Collered Lizard. This was taken in the Wichita Mountains North of Lawton Oklahoma, near the French Lake trail.
Locally called Mountain Boomers, they will be happy to chase you if you will run. They have a good reverse if you stop.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

9. Lion? What Lion? I am King here! Anole in back yard.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

10. Cottonmouth crossing a trail. Usually their head is up much higher when traveling.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

11. Cottonmouth head shot. Note very thin vertical eye slit from the sunlight.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

12. I don't do Sundials.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

13. On the front porch.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

14. What bird. This is MY house.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

15. A well hidden Skink.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

16. Smooth Green Snake. They go through trees like a racer goes across the ground.

End of series.

Thumbnail by trois
Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Trois, enjoyed your critters!

Modi'in, Israel

fantastic series Trois!!! The pic of the Bullsnake you pulled off the road is still my favorite. :-)

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

SCREEEEEEEECH!!!
Pati

PS: I do have to admit the green snake is lovely....doesn't look so "snakey" and dangerous.

O.K. Lilypon...get back to your gardening!

This message was edited Jun 4, 2005 12:45 PM

This message was edited Jun 4, 2005 12:48 PM

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks John, Julie and Pati. The little Smooth Green Snake had a black spot near the end of his tail and I had trouble telling which end I was looking at.. I don't know if this is normal or just this one snake.

Thumbnail by trois
Modi'in, Israel

WOW how'd you do that? I can't figure this one out at all. I mean, there's no blend marks in the twigs that I can tell. Well done!!!!!!!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

No trickery involved. Just a straight photo. You knew that, didn't you.

Modi'in, Israel

sure, of course

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Great pictures! I was recently quizzing my sister to find out how far you are from Dallas. She's near Dallas and wants us to come out and we might but only if we have time to see you, John and a few others while we're there!

Edited to fix awful typos!

This message was edited Jun 6, 2005 6:23 PM

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Where does she live? We are 5 hours from dallas, give or take. Depending on which part of Dallas, North takes longer, South takes less time, so forth. We be willing to travel a bit. If you are driving, it could be easy for more than one stop.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

She lives in Highland Village, closer to Denton than Dallas. Maybe I can talk Paul into a camping trip along the Gulf coast and up into and through Texas. It won't be til it gets cooler though. Gives me plenty of time to work on a plan! LOL

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Stacey, just say when and we will do our best to arrange a gathering to fit your schedule!

John

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That would be great. Maybe enough people around here for a small RU. I know there are enough around Denton for one.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Sounds wonderful! We'll give plenty of notice because we like to plan pretty far in advance

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

:-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.