First gloriosa lily of the year

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I got my first gloriosa lily bloom of the year.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful. I don't think mine came back this year.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

mine was blooming like crazy but scared to go out and see if any survived this 10 day rain spell we are having. i am beginnning to be sick of rain. need some sun

very pretty!!!! do these seed?? mine has never seeded and was wondering.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Mine are still in the Groung and no signs of sprouting...
Congrats.
Kaleem

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Mine bloom like crazy but have never seeded either.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I have one tuber that came up - it's about 3" tall now - chipmunks ate the rest. I am guarding the one that's left! Yours are beautiful - thanks for showing them to us.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I also have only one that came up since the squirrels ate my others.It is about 4ft.tall but no signs of flowers.When should I expect some?We have had rain for over a week I hope to see the sun today.I am so glad that we are supplying our rodents with such a wide variety of foods.

That is beautiful !!
I just love Gloriosa. Mine are only about 3" tall right now but when it warms up they will grow quickly. They just look like they are dancing around once they bloom.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

As many squirrels as we have I am surprised they dont bother them. But I guess they have enough other stuff to eat. Downscale, yours should be blooming soon. No buds yet? A couple of years ago, we have a pretty cold winter and mine did not bloom until the end of June.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

We have been having a pretty cold and rainy May.Where is Niceville.It sounds so NICE.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have to say, it is actually nice. I am just a few miles north of Destin, in Northwest Florida. A couple of blocks from the bay and just over the bridge from the beach.

Deltona, FL(Zone 9a)

I put some of these in early this year..no blooms so far but two came up they are about 2ft' .I hope they all come up I put in 6 maybe the rodents with fuzzy tails ate mine as well.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I had one of those, it had finished blooming and had seed pods and DH ran over it with the lawn mower!

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Lisa, mine are dormant now. I took them inside the house. I was so afraid to kill them! LOL. I can hardly waith for them to bloom next summer (Dec/March for us). Thank you very much again for the bulbils.

Hugs,

Ursula

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

You are so welcome Ursula.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The photograph is wonderful. Better than in catalogs! I planted three on a trellis that's on a brick wall and figured when the clematis were done I'd have something growing there. Nothing's sprouted yet. We use a lot of blood meal to keep the rabbits, possum and squirrel away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.