making your own neem spray

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I buy neem oil to make certain soaps with and creams, but I have made a solution for pests ect. .. in the garden, and it wound up killing the plants, does anybody have a recipe for neem oil spray using your own neem oil?

kathy

Granbury, TX(Zone 7b)

No, but do the soaps and creams help repel insects on you, ie mosquitos and chiggers?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

That i'm not sure about, I use the neem oil, because it's great for dry skin, and also used as a antibacterial soap for acne and such.

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya kathy_ann

If your neem oil is raw you can just put a little Bronner's soap in water then add your neem oil at a 1/5-3% ratio to the water.

If you're using cosmetic grade oil the process is similar but you'll have to use about times the soap to get it to suspend in the water, and you'll need to agitate it more to keep it suspended. Go on the lighter side with your dilution rate because as neem is refined and filtered it normally becomes more potent.

I put a drop on toothpaste to fight gum disease. In India and Pakistan they rub the cambium on their gums for this same reason.

hope this is helpful,
Don

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

thanks don, it is helpful to me ,

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Kathy. I've been using Greenlight brand neem from Lowes that is marketed for incecticide use. Are you using the pure oil? It could be that your concentration was too high. Keep us posted what you come up with. Have you found a less expensive source for the pure stuff?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

No, I spend a fortune for neem oil, last place I bought it was from

www.fromnaturewithlove.com

Like I said though, it's not the same stuff as you buy in walmart for spraying on plants etc... I've used this on mange for the dogs, works wonders, athlete's foot, hot spots on dogs, ring worm,
and in my soaps and lotions. some of them anyways.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

www.camdengrey.com is probably cheaper now, it's been a year since i've had to buy any oil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.