Passi ID?

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

These seedlings are popping up everywhere, but havent had blooms yet to show the flower. Any idea?

Thumbnail by JustJen
Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

impossible to id by leaf?

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I think yes. There are so many similar 3 fingered leaves. Maybe violacea form 3. One of mine is blooming, but not the other. I probably traded you one of those. It is too stiff for incense and a little small for incarnata.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

does one or the other readily set seed or send up shoots from the roots? These are growing about 4 ft from where i had the orginal vine. Not sure if they are volunteer seedlings or if they are from underground runners. Just know they are trying to take over this bed, lol

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Incense and incarnata are send out many root runers. Violacea3 does not. The pix is incense. In age the incense leaves are 5 fingered, when young they are 3 fingered.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2005 6:48 PM

Thumbnail by Flicker
San Diego, CA

Is this thing just growing wild? Actually, to me, it does look like Incarnata, not all incarnata have the wider lobes.
Mark

San Diego, CA

FLICKER Did I mention that we're moving in with you? lol Very nice vine you have there, I wish I had more ground to grow in. Too much cement here.
Mark

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

i only took a pic of one of the leaves. i'll take some more in the morning. this is not the original vine that was planted last year. i dug that in the fall and forgot where i put it, lol.

your vines are so healthy!!! i'm with zos, i'm moving to your place, lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.