Holy Broccoli Packman!!

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

LOL!!! I had to-- so sorry..... And 2 of em are gone already-- yummy!

Heather

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

We got taters too!!!!!

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

and peanuts!!!!!

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

Corn!!! So in late august-- we'll have supper.. LOL!

Heather

Thumbnail by mysticwill
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

your garden is doing great. I never thought about planting peanuts, that's neat. What else do you have planted heather?

I think we have a little bit of everything in our garden, I should be out there watering it now LOL

we have swanlake melon, some other cantelope, banana melon,

squash: delicata, crooked neck, zuchini, patty pan,

radishes, onions, lettuce, runner beans, lima beans, okra, cucumbers, watermelon, brocolli, (packman) cauliflower, cabbage, brussels, tomatoes, 3 kinds I think, spinach, artichokes I think thatl's it, one of my biggest gardens yet, I don't think we'll have much next year other than a few tomatoes onion, lettuce radishes type thing, planning a huge vacation next year. long vacations and big gardens don't do well together LOL

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

Cantalope , honeydew, pumpkins (baby boo, Jack be little and a carver) watermelon, tomatos, pepper (sweet, hot , and OMW!) Strawberries, bottlegourds, brussles sprouts (falstaff - purple ones and dutch treat), corn, lettuce, radish, 8 ball zuccinni, the corn, taters, peanuts, broccoli, garlic, beans

Wow-- there is more in there than I thought.... LOL!!!

Oh yeah -- a pair of pet bunnies too.

Heather

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh you can use their fertilizer LOL. sounds like a nice garden, I bet those purple brussels are good, I always plant the plants in brussels not the seeds. I'd have to do seed s for the purple ones, don't know if I could get them to grow right, they'd be something to grow in a grow box outside, with a top on it. in the early spring time, I might think of that next year.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Everything looks great, Heather!

Is that FIVE rows of corn you've got there? Making me hungry :-)

Love your raised beds, and potatoes in tires. I did mine in tires, but only put three in each, and only one is up so far. How many did you put in yours? They look very healthy and bushy!

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

LOL!! I don't actually know how many taters -- the kids planted them - and they are rather entusastic sooo probably too many. They are ready for thier second tire- I have to go the the shop tomorrow and get a couple more. Yes 5 rows ( I know they are wayyy close but I have limited space and they did fine last year...) Next year hopefully where the corn bed is this year will be a small green house I will just move the corn bed over.

Heather

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I read that potatoes do well following corn, so maybe other nightshades would as well. Looks like a prime spot for peppers and eggplants to me! But a greenhouse sounds even BETTER!

If your soil is great, they aren't too close. Just don't give them too much nitrogen, or they will leaf out and crowd one another. I found out the hard way last year, too much stalk = less sunshine, less air circulation, more problems...

Tamara

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.