Rosalind broccoli

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

What a fabulous shade of purple! I'll post another picture when it's big enough to harvest.

Thumbnail by mominem
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Very pretty! I had not heard of this variety. Where did you find a supply?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

OMG - It looks sooo much like my Neon Sedum! No, JANICE ! STAY -AWAY - FROM - THE- SEDUM!

Almost too pretty to eat. (I did say, ALMOST!)

This message was edited Jun 3, 2005 3:40 PM

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

It's from Territorial Seed Co. I am growing 16 plants in 2 EarthBoxes.

Thumbnail by mominem
Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

It's supposed to turn green when you blanch/cook it. But what fun to cut up on a veggie tray, raw! Hey, I wonder if those green worms have trouble hiding among the purpleness.

edited to add, I already made an entry in PlantFiles for Rosalind, just waiting for the head to mature to add the photo.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2005 5:36 PM

Thumbnail by mominem
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I think you should add this photo, too! It's always nice to see photo along the way!

She's a beaut!

8 plants per EB seems like alot. LMK how you make out, ok?

Ashton, IL(Zone 5a)

Yeah, 8 to an EB seems crowded, but the EB instructions say 8 broccs to a box.... I'll tell you what, the water reservoir needs to be filled every day and it's not that hot out - the nights are still in the 50's. I bet the heads won't get as large as they would be planted in the garden, but I wouldn't have been able to plant these out there in early April - garden wasn't tilled yet. I want to start more seeds for fall, I bet a fall crop will be even better.

Thanks for admiring my broccoli, Janice. The girls at work think I'm really strange and don't want to hear about my veggies at all! Now if this was called Brad Pitt Broccoli, I might have a more attentive audience! Thank goodness for DG.

Eileen

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I hear ya! DG's the place! I am really lucky, though. My boss is one of the people who talked me into my first garden... "Now that you have a house, you need a dog and a garden." Now I have both, and I'm one happy li'l camper!

I have 4 cabbage plants in an EB and THEY look like thy're going to be crowded - if they ever grow! Right now all I have is big, beautiful leaves! LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.