Tall plants's heat

Haines Falls, NY(Zone 4b)

I really need some intense heat for tall plans like tomatos and corn. Wall O' Waters are too heavy and I need a lot. Have any suggestions, anyone? Thank You
Claire

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Can you find any white plastic in stiff sheets? A friend of mine collects campaign signs after an election and clears off the printing, then uses them around the beds to extend the season of her winter garden in a zone 7 location. The plastic reflects and concentrates the sun's heat toward the plants. Might work for you if the plastic was on the east side of the plants to reflect the afternoon sun.

Thats a really good idea. Thank you

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

you get heat this way pretty easy and fairly cheap

This message was edited Jun 4, 2005 11:22 AM

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

end view

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

the results the cover is on see the watering tape called t tape at the plants base, great stuff

This message was edited Jun 4, 2005 11:07 AM

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

from the outside excuse the junk it is gone now lol . So zel are you convinced? I think this would work for corn to but you may have to hand pollinate it lol. Ernie

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Other side without junk ha ha should have found this pic in the first place . My winter squas grows in the fore ground. Speaking of that I had some for dinner last night and have two left that will probly spoil before I get to them lol ehen you grow lots it keeps well and no real need to can or cook and freeze. Ernie

Thumbnail by eweed
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Bye

Thumbnail by eweed

Wait, how do I get it? (Sorry I'm kinda slow)

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Local Home Depot? Row covers & Cold Frames....

~* Robin☺

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Zel I built mine they are very easy no rocket sicence here.

Thank you very much

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.