Mignonette Not Smelling

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

My mignonette has started flowering and they don't have any scent! What's going on?

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Hmmm.... that is odd, and not a great thing because they aren't particularly pretty so we grow them for the smell! Are they particularly showy? Maybe someone was trying to improve the looks and lost the smell in the process...

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I don't think these were any special experiment mignonettes. I was waiting for that smell I've been hearing about and nada!

But on the bright side, I have another planter full that was from a different packet and source of seed.

And then there's always the night scented stocks for me to stick my nose into right between those planters.

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Keep me posted... I am also growing some Mignonette (successfully for the first time), and I hope that I got a smelly version!

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Mine were the same way Capt! I had one plant last year. I eventually pulled it up because it was too big and didn't make me happy!
Nicole

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Hoops, if they do not smell, please do not send me the seeds... I just wanted to smell them for the first time and I wont be able to bear the deception ;-)) It is all right with the chinese houses though!

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Kay, chinese houses it is then!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.