Beginner container garderner I think I like it!

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

We had to relocate after a house fire, this is our second summer here, and we've done more container gardening, "otherwise the lawn would have to go". Here are some of them.

A working water fountain.

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

An old coal bucket

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

South side of the house, and trellis

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

The yard swing is loaded

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm already so pleased with my garden and containers this year, I can hardly wait for it to be in fullswing.... the lillies are popping, iris are going great guns.. and the daffs and tulips were wonderful. Happy Gardening everyone!

Viv

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

You should be pleased. It all looks great.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

You've done a great job!

Gresham, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi, Vizz8-

I love what you have done! I moved into my house a year ago, and the landscaping needs major overhaul; so in the interim, I've begun gardening in containers, and like you, I love it! A GREAT book that you may like is "The Bountiful Container" by McGee & Stuckey. Their focus is primarily on edibles, which may or may not appeal to you, but they have a wealth of info. I did pots of lettuc, peas, spinach and chard! Lots of herbs, too. And now I'm having fun pretty stuff!

Please! Tell me about your water fountain! I really love it!

tracy

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like my garden, it was my pleasure.

Tracy, the water fountain is a childs drinking fountain that I figured would look good with an ivy, its still hooked up for use, and the water drains out the bottom so standing water is not a problem. The kids use it in the summer, cuts down on house traffic. I have tomatoes in containers, have'nt grown other vegies yet.

Viv

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

I love what you have done.Having moved quite frequently, using containers was the answer until I knew if I would be staying for a while.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Your garden looks great . Nice job!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Your garden is so inviting. I love the swing with the hanging pots and all your yeard art.

Susan

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Oh, how nice, I love it.

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you all, we moved the swing with us from the old house, one of my favorite places to sit with the Grandkids. We are retired now so we have the luxury of spending alot of time in the garden, and my DH likes it as much as I do, so he is busy building and fixing lots of new stuff around the place. He just made this for me.

The copper trellis, I love it.

Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Vizz,
Your DH built the trellis for you ?
Wow! He can sell them . It's beautiful.
Patti

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Patti, he really liked the way it turned out.

Viv

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5a)

I really like your garden, everything looks wonderful. My wife looked at the trellis your husband made for you and she loved it. She now wants me to try and make her one too. That old coal bucket that you have is really neat. I'd love to have one of those myself.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Mark

Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

The trellis is pretty easy , here is more of a close up. I hope I got the right pic.
Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tacoma, WA(Zone 8a)

Well its looks like the only close up I have is already there... lol here is another larger one that DH made for clamatis over the kitchen window, I thought it was amazingly simple, of course I didnt make it..
Viv

Thumbnail by Vizz8
Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow! You've done so much! what fun!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.