Plants to share?

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

I have a couple of luffa gourd plants and a couple of bottle gourd plants I don't need. I would be happy to share them for postage on the following conditions:
1. I have NO idea how well these will travel. They have shallow roots and I feel I should , at the very least, ship them potted so...
2. The postage would have to cover the plant and pot. Normally I don't ship "dirt" but I don't know if the roots would handle the shock of shipping.

If anyone wants to give this a try, let me kow. I HATE to throw plants away so I thought I'd give this a shot.

Barb

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Barb,

Did you send my things out yet? I'd be glad to give this a shot. Can't send your things till Monday, as I reinjured my left sciatic nerve.

&

I'm having a hard time with this keyboard (space bar, b, g, t & 5) are not working. I have to do copy & paste for those alphabets or remember the ASCII codes for them.

My younger brother is sending me a new one.

~* Robin

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Your things went out yesterday, Robin. I can still send these along. Do you want all or just one of each?

Barb

PS - if your lemon grass looks a little punky, don't worry. It should perk up within days of being in the ground. If it doesn't for some reason, I'll send you another one from my garden.

Barb,

The lemon grass looks fine I gave it Miracle-Gro potting soil around the roots in the garden. It got happy!

I would like at least 2-3 of of each, mine got a chill and withered away. I hope they're in plastic pots... yes?

~* Robin☺♥♫

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Yup, plastic pots. I'll send you what I have on Monday so they don't sit.

I forgot I sent you the lemon grass before and sent you another one. Ah, well, can't have too many, right? Oh, and you are getting two boxes as the bay was big. I marked them 1 of 2, etc. So, this box of gourds will be a third box, total.

Barb

LOL Barb,

If I could jump up & down I would.... but all I can do is scream Ya Hoo! really loud!! Three boxes, WoW!

Got to go to bed, hurting too much.

Thanks,

~* Robin☺♥♫

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Hope you're feeling better, Robin!

A little. Didn't get enough water.

Forgot to ask about geraniums' cuttings also.

Other meds make me need extra water. I found out I can't stay in direct sun too long... getting burned too fast.

~* Robin☺♥♫

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Robin, email me which SGs you want cuttings from. You can check my list on the swap thread. BUT I'm getting a bunch more this week.

Anyone else for gourd plants? Going, going...

Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.