HELP! COMPUTER CRASHED. WANT TO RETRIEVE MY FILES

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey guys, I'm not sure what happened. But Sunday night after my garden party, I loaded all the pics from my digital camera onto the computer. Mon morning the computer was all screwed up! I know the memory was running low, so it's possible I overloaded it with these pics fo the garden party.

I finally worked with the pc long enough to get it back online, altho my network connections says there are no connections available. At first I couldn't check yahoo email, would get a blank page that said "DONE". Now today I can get into my email but I can't delete any of it or print it. I can't copy and paste anything anywhere.

I really want to reformat the hard drive and just start all over. But when I try to copy my pictures and documents to CD, I get an error message that says the stub received bad data. I know my CD RW's are good. They're brand new. But I've tried several of them and none work. I have 100's of photos from this spring alone, along with the garden party photos. I can't do a restore to a backed up date because I'd lose my garden party pictures.

I ran a virus scan and I don't have a virus. I do have some adware that I can't delete. It's ADW Ruledor.C in my yahoo messenger. How can I get rid of it?

What can I do? How can I save my pics and documents before I reformat? Any help is appreciated!

NancyAnn

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!