June 1st, 2005

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't know about you guys , but it's sure been busy around here.

My biggest problem right now is fencing. I did get in my first corner post for my huge ongoing project. It took me about an hour of getting on and off my tractor to get the log chain and hydraulic lift working just right to lift my post and drop it in the 3 and a half foot hole I had dug. This post is telephone pole big around and stands out of the ground over six foot.. I want to see even the tallest big simmental cow try to jump over this fence when I'm done.

Corn is up in this part of the country and the last of the soybeans are going in the ground.

I have a beautiful new simmental calf. Red like her mom , only the baby has two white socks on her two hind feet. She was a welcome sight after losing the other much looked forward to calf. I can barely get a good look at the calf, her mom is very protective and takes off in the deep brush to hide the baby she is so proud of .

A late lamb was born yesterday. A ewe that lost her baby last winter must have gotten bred again. A fluffy new boy. He also sticks close to Mom.

The bottle calves are growing by leaps and bounds. I will try to post some pictures one of these days. So off to fix bottles and feed them.

My best friends have been having lots of family troubles. Their youngest daughter turned 17 and decided to leave home and move in with an older sister that is always causing trouble.. They need lots of prayers.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!