Tiling the back garden or Wounded Knees

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Hello again,

After taking a short break to welcome our newest foal into the family, her name is Danica. She was born on Sunday night and was her mother's first. I'll be posting pics of her at the Farm Life forum. A very exciting event indeed. Well, to the back garden. This garden has been an ongoing project for about a year, and when a little money come available we do another phase. The current phase of this project is surfacing all of the concrete with tile. For the most part we are using Saltillo paving tiles from Tamaulipas, Mexico. These are handmade and are thus irregular in shape making them a whole bunch of fun to try and make straight grout joints with these suckers...lol. So in light of that, I am putting the next ten days into this solo project. The guys have fence work to do and we've got a little more than three weeks to get this place ready to host a roundup of southern California and a few Arizona DGers on June 25th.

Day one was spent cutting tiles to fit up against the house and setting them so that I can set a bunch of whole tile and look like I'm productive tomorrow...lol.

For those of you that don't know the back garden, here's a tour.

This message was edited Jun 1, 2005 6:36 AM

This message was edited Jun 1, 2005 6:37 AM

This thread has 183 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!