Russian olive and/or Autumn Olive seedlings?

Sandy Hook, CT(Zone 6a)

I live in a 2 yo development that was built on an old sand quarry. Each house has a 2 acre lot and many of them have decided to let an acre or so go wild. Well, this year it became apparent that those great wild bushes that we noticed growing last summer are russian or autumn olive. Since there is very little other vegetation around the neighbors are still in love with these and are hoping more turn up.

I'm in the process (LONG) of cultivating gardens out of my 2 acres but also have a chunk of wetlands that I'm supposed to leave alone. I REALLY don't want any of these invasives in my yard. Does anyone know what the seedlings look like? I know it'd be OK to pull them out since they are considered invasive by the state, but I haven't a clue what the seedlings look like and all the pictures I'm seeing online are of the shrub already formed.

N. Mississippi, MS(Zone 8a)

I have some russian olive seedlings in the greenhouse now. I will post a picture just as soon as I can for you.

Sandy Hook, CT(Zone 6a)

oh that would be great thanks!! I'm not sure if the hundreds of shrubby weeds I've been digging out of the lawn are these or not.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.