what are "junebugs" and.....

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

How do you get rid of them. They are invading me. There were 6 dead on the back porch this moring. They bump into us when we are sitting around the fire. Divebomb us when going in the back door. And every time I turn over any dirt they are there. Help!!
Sandy

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

We get them too. They don't last long. See them a lot in June, hence their name. After that they seem to disappear. They don't bite if that's any consolation.

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

You can treat your lawn with Milky Spore or Merit (Grub-X) to kill the grubs.
I know of no other way to get rid of them.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Cottage Rose great minds do think alike I ordered mily spores last week they should be here any day now. I could not afford enough to do the whole acre but at least it is a start. I also ordered some nemotoads (sp?) for the most troubling spots.
Sandy

Grand Junction, CO(Zone 6b)

I think of them as a lot like bumblebees: too big to control where they fly, and not very smart (bumblebees are in more control and smarter, tho). My cat loves to chase them. I think they are one of the best things about Michigan, because they are so funny. However, some folks really see them differently; I had a patient who was deathly afraid of them getting into her hair.

Mount Pleasant, MI(Zone 5b)

I never get sick of hearing them fly headlong into my screen while I sleep.. (sarastic).. sleepy soundly... bzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ THANG! bbbbzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTHANG!

love it

Nick

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Nick, you forgot the "CRASH" at the end of that sound when the dog hits the door or window trying to catch the bbbzzzz!

Mount Pleasant, MI(Zone 5b)

Haha.. Cats in my case... stupid cats left over from an ex girlfriend. Makes it even worse!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.