Walker Picked me a Bouquet this weekend!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Walker the Wondermutt was chasing bunnies thru my iris again this weekend. His efforts resulted in a few broken stalks. I like to think that he picked this bouquet just for me. (If I think of him as that "darn dog" again, I'm going to burst.)

At least he has good taste....

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Maybe Walker has latent talents as a Florist ?
So lovely, he even picked a Peoney .

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well God bless his rotten little doggie heart!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Maybe you could rent him out as a bouquet picker when he's not hunting!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

He does have good taste.

Zora my Cavalier just dug out one of my new roses and tossed it all over the garden. GRRRR. Good thing that I love her. I thought that she didn't dig anymore. Back to the rocks around newly planted plants. The least she could have done was to wait until it had flowers and arrange them like Walker did.

And she should have cleaned up after herself.

I think he fetches flowers better than birds some days... :) And I'm not counting all the dayl;ilies he's tromped trying to jump over the iris.

Norwood, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, Wanda, I can completely sympathize... my pillagers do not do as Walker does, though, they like to squash my gardens... they dig and then roll in them and sometimes they just like to lay down for naps on the tops of my plants.... rotten lil beggars... I do love 'em, but gosh it is hard to smile back when they happily greet me from a torn up bed they are in.... I have to build a lot of bridges where they are concerned... the thing is... they like ME, and have these huge love filled eyes for me, and are sad when I get mad at them... I mean i really am a sap about the whole thing....

Unfortunately, despite all his faults, I love Walker and we'll keep him. Could be worse--Our English Setter Annie would lead her puppies in a lesson of "let's dig up that new tree and drag it across the yard..."

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.