New containers

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

The end of the semester was getting to me with all of my studios, so I took some time off in my ceramics lab to make some new pots for my apartment. I thought I'd share them with yall, so here they are. Susanne

This one was inspired by my love of shoes :)

This message was edited May 30, 2005 6:16 PM

Thumbnail by art_n_garden

next one

This one was fun to paint, instead of glaze.

Some of these glazes ended up pretty funky..but I am living with it.

This one bubbled up in an interesting way.

I just realized maybe yall care more about the plants than the containers lol. The first one is Pepperomia obtusifolia.
#2 & 3 are Angel Wing begonias, if anyone knows the cultivar I'd love to know!
#4 is a Strawberry begonia
This one is Burro's Tail

Here's a variegated African Violet

And this last one is a pot my friend Anna made (on potter's wheel) that she was going to throw away, but I thought it was gorgeous. It has Streptocarpella in it. Hope I didnt bore you! Susanne

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

Those are fantabulous! I really like the way that one bubbled. And 'throw it away????' give your friend my address and tell her I'm a pot recycling center lol. Great work, thanks for sharing it.

Rachel

Thank you Rachel! I know, she's such a perfectionist. She had already managed to throw and break 4 in the trashcan before I walked in. It made me just sick! These were all handbuilt, but I'm taking wheel next semester (my last one!) and you better believe I'm keeping and using/giving away as presents everything I make no matter what it looks like! I could never have enough plant pots. lol. :)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

No way am I bored!!! Your containers are aweomse! I really luv the variation of colors. Shucks that you don't live closer I would be done there getting some. Someone else's imperfections is someone else's treasure. Great job on them and I also luv the plants.
:) Donna

Oakland, OR(Zone 8a)

Your pots are just beautiful. Wish you lived in this area. Beautiful plantings also. You have a lot of talent. Best wishes to your future. Dotti

Thanks Donna and Dotti! :)

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Wonderful job, nice addition!

Oh thank you dinu! I wanted to tell you -- I have a neighbor who always talks to me while he smokes and I am gardening. I only knew that he was from India but hadn't gotten to know him well enough to know exactly where.
So yesterday we were talking and I said, I have a friend that lives in Mysore and his eyes got reaaallly big and he said you do?? That is where I'm from! He was so excited to hear that I knew someone from his hometown-but was a little sad when I told him that you were online and not in Lubbock. Anyhow, what a small world!!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Susanne, how wonderful to be able to make your own pots! Good job : )

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Art-n-garden,
That's something... your neighbour is my 'city-mate'! My curiosity deepens on this issue... would you please ask a couple of questions on my behalf, if you don't mind? His name, where he lived here [locality name] and since when they moved over? There are lots of people from our part living in the US, but isn't it nice to have to know that someone from my part of the 'small world'? Who knows we may know each other! In olden times it was a possibility, but due to population booming like anything, chances are getting smaller. Actualy, my hair stood on end on reading your post here! Will come back to follow.

Surely he must be speaking our language, Kannada. If he does, surprise him by asking "oota aaytha?" -- meaning "had your lunch?".

Dinu

:D I will speak to him again today Dinu. I always see him when I go out to check on my plants late at night.

I'll be sure to ask him oota aaytha! He'll get a kick out of that. He was also very excited to hear about someone from his part of the "small world." I'll definitely let you know what I find out about him! Susanne

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Okay Susanne, I'll wait for your reaction on his reaction!
Dinu

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

those are great pots. thanks for the pictures.

Ok Dinu, his name is Sentosh (spelling?) and that's all I got for now. Maybe that is not a common name?
Oh I totally forgot to say to him oota aaytha! I will next time I see him. :)Susanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.