metal datura

Lakeland, FL

Hi all, Here is a pic of my first white metal datura. the smell is awesome. Marilynne hope u enjoy. oh! that's a cracker rose bloom in there to.

Thumbnail by corky59
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful picture!!

Judy

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

really nice shot. I am looking for a few seeds to try. Save some for me!!

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I have some growing, - they are nice arn't they.- I have Gold, and double Purple blooming also. They smell very nice.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Michaelp - can you post some pictures for us??

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I went out to take some picts and as usual they are about to open or just closed, --OH WELL--Peach Brug [about to open]

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

AND, Double Purple D. metel

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

And, -Gold D. metel [about to open]

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

And D, metel Gold a little more open

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Pretty, pretty.

Thanks so much.

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

And--D. metel White

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Great Looking

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

And, --Datura Tatula Lilac De Fluer

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I hope you can take a picture just as this one opens up.

All your plants look so healthy. Are you feeding them at all??

Judy

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh my! They ALL look wonderful. Ive been lurking... LOL I started 2 types from seed, and have them planted out now, and have my fingures crossed.
One was just labeled White Datura, and the other was Douple Purple. Im seeing purple stems on my purple seedlings, and how I hope they are the same that you posted.
Silly question... do all Dats smell good?

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I use Osmacote [spelled wrong I am sure] in the Pots and Miracle Grow [or sometimes something comparable] in the drip and overhead waterers, I also use lots of horse and Rabit manure in the beds and potting mixes.-- here is Datura. beej

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I've never seen that one before. Are you saying it is Datura Beej?? If so do you have any other info on it.

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

NO all don't smell good, --but most do, --If you are growing Double Purple , when they bloom, notice that the ones that the center part of the flower sticks out more are the ones that make the whole yard smell good, ---the others [maybe male I don't know- they don't make seed] are almost touching the other flower [the doubles are real close to gether] don't smell so good and have that pungent smell that the leaves do.-- Here is another Angel

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful Angel, can I put that on my want list also??

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

And one more Angel

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I left my trade list out in the greenhouse and it got wet, --now I don't know who I traded with to get what, LOL-- I don't know who I got the D. beej from but that was how it was labeled, [I am good at labeling ] but not in taking care of lists, --I am terminaly absent minded, --Michael

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I found Datura beej on the net it is from India, --D.Meteloides

Lakeland, FL

My triple purple dat. is from volunteer seeds. I ordered the other ones from companion plants. very cheap very healthy plants. a couple were small but doing great. Marilynne. I will gather seeds from the triple purple.

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is another now open

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Do you know the name of the last one? Are those purple Dats over on the left side of the picture?

Very nice plants that you have. Do you have any other plants besides the Brugs & Dats ?

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I think this is the Peach, Brug [I also have an Apricot] The purple ones in the Pict are Double Purple Datura Metel. I have Gingers and Bananas and herbs, medicinal and magical, and lots of Vegies. --and Dioscorea sp. Yams, If you look at the threads I have started or Pictures I have submited you will get an Idea of what I have, --Michael

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is another, Peach I believe

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing with us

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

The Whites are blooming now too.

Thumbnail by Michaelp
Lakeland, FL

Okay, SOOO Is the seed right after the flower? Or is it the bigger pod I have seen? Ditz here on Dat seeds. Marilynne

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I don't know "the bigger pod", but the seed pod starts to form, very tiny, immediately after the spent bloom falls off

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

I have never had any seed from these Angels, I just take cuttings. --they root easily.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

They root easy for me if the are hardwood cuttings, but greenwood cuttings I just don't have very much luck with those.

Michael, do you know the names of your brugs? I'm just now getting into brugs.

I need to work up a trade with you but I don't know if I have anything you would be interested in? Iris? Please look at these pictures from last year and see www.puppygal.com/house.html

If you don't want to trade I would absolutely love for you to send me a couple of cuttings of each of your brugs I'll gladly pay postage if you will consider doing it.

Judy

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

If you want some I can root them for you and then send them, --all my brugs came from trades and /or cuttings I took from friends Brugs, --If they do have "official Names" I have never been told, [ except Misty Pink]I just I.D. them by the color.

Lakeland, FL

SOO. Does anyone know when Dats quit blooming? My white one hasn't produced any buds for about a week, purple still bloomin away. SO do these guys quit at different times? HELP

Erwin, TN(Zone 7a)

my Dats will bloom for a while, then take a break and then start again

Lakeland, FL

Wow, This crazy dat is making seeds like crazy. So weird huh? The black dat acts like it is going to bloom now in all this heat. It took forever for it to grow. We shall wait and see huh? Mystery. I love mysterys. Corky

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.