Meyer's Lemon's fruits yellowing

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

and falling off! Many are plumping up nicely, and remaining green, and tons of new fruits are forming, but I am finding an increasing number of yellowed fruits falling off. Not ok! What's the problem?

Thanks,
MKJ

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

My tree sometimes drops "extra" fruit when fruiting heavily. Kind of mother nature's thinning process. I think this must be a natural way they keep from producing so much heavy fruit that it would break the branches. If the soil is lightly moist, and weather is nice, I wouldn't worry too much.

K

La Grange, TX(Zone 8b)

mkjones,
All citrus produce more flowers than they are capable of supporting to maturity. About 95% of all citrus flowers fall off. Of the remaining 5% that start developing into fruit, the majority will fall off by the time the fruit reach golfball size. Kachinagirl is right. I wouldn't worry too much especially if the tree itself is healthy.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

THANK YOU, Kachina & betty! I'm so relieved........truly. Instead of gasping when I saw three newly dropped yellow'd fruits, I shrugged, "Natural order of things.........." =)

I really appreciate it,
MKJ

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.