sweet kate

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

T. Sweet Kate

Thumbnail by levilyla
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very striking!
:) Donna

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I love this plant to. I have it underplanted with a groundcover of vinca minor and the color really pops against that dark green. I like the way you've grown your lilies through it. This is my second year with mine and it's having it's first blooms. Does yours go dormant after flowering? I have the old fashioned kind and they go dormant, but I'm wondering if I can count on those lovely gold leaves all summer.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Yes you can...I cut mine to the ground when it has finished flowering and gotten leggy.. It will come back still a beautiful yellow and many times bloom again.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Very good! I bet your lilies look awsome against that golden background.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I hope they will...I just put them in last fall..so we shall see. Like with everything else..they may look terrible!

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Liv, thanks for the tip about pruning. I wondered about it. This is the first Spring for mine. It was hit with several frost bites and I wondered about cutting it back. I let it go since it is young and did not want to stress it.

I bought my second spiderwort through the coop. Here is a photo. 'Bilberry Ice' http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/41693 it is suppose to be a minature. So far it stays compact. Linda†

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, I LOVE it..going to run right out and buy three>

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Yours looks great! Mine's putting on a show too! I noticed that is must have dropped some of its seeds, because it is growing in several places in my garden, which I'm thrilled about!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

i HAVE MINE FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND NO SEEDLINGS...I'M JEALOUS. ARE YOUR SEEDLINGS TRUE?

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/55249/index.html says the seeds are not true to form. Interesting to see if yours is like the parent. Linda

I'll have to wait to see if the offspring's flowers look different than the parent plant. Those buds haven't yet open, but it still has the same beautiful chartreuse foliage.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well the foliage is THE THING..that's the reason I bought it. I am assuming that the flowers will also be be the same blue but even if not it will be pretty.

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I love sweet kate as well. This is my third year and I must move them (3). Growing but not overly excited with just a couple hours of early afternoon sun.

Well, the offspring from the mother plant started blooming today. As far as I can tell, they look the same. I'll post a picture this evening and you tell me what you think.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.