Grubs- yuck!

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

I just found Imy lawn has grub worms. All this time I thought it was the urine from three dogs that was killing my lawn. I just ordered some nematodes to get rid of them. I read the directions on dispersing the nematodes. My questions to you guys are:
1. Any thing else I need to know besides mixing them with water and pouring them on the lawn in the late late afternoon, and making sure the ground is wet before I do?
2. How do I get my lawn to come back (The damage is pretty severe). Do I water it alot? Reseed? Cry?
Mobi

Oak Grove, MN(Zone 4a)

Rake up all the dead vegetation and reseed. Had to do that myself one year. Since then, I have been less grumpy about moles, as they eat grubs. Fraid I don't know anything about nematode application.

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Thats what I am doing now. Next week is nematode weaponry.

Asbury Park, NJ

I've used nematodes for a couple of years and have had great results. i'm just getting ready to put them on this week. Nothing else I can think of that you need to know. My grass comes back on it's own from what's left of the root system, but that may not be for all types of grass. Good luck!

Denver, CO(Zone 6a)

I have the kind that spreads so I hope that it comes back - I also am going to add seed! Oh to have a lawn again!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.