Any ideas?

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

I purchased this no-name TBI last year, and its the 1st time to bloom for me. I feel silly asking, but I know what a Tall Bearded Iris is, but Im seeing other initials, and Im not sure what they mean. I know there is Louisiana Iris, and Siberian Iris. This one does not look like my other TBIs. Is it even a TBI??
Any help would be appreciated.

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous! I'll be anxious for a name on this one....gotsta have that in my collection.

Marc

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Maybe 'Apricot Topping'?

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/6002/

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Marc! I dont think its Apricot Topping, it doesnt have much Apricot color to it. I would be happy to send you a rhio. when its done blooming if you want it for postage.

Thumbnail by Shelly221
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Cool! I'd love one...let me kow when and how much. :-)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, it's definitely a bearded Iris. The fuzzy yellow things are beards. :-) And probably blooming this late in the year it's a tall bearded Iris. Just how tall is it? It could be a border bearded. They bloom at the same time as the tall bearded - just shorter. This may be delayed, I took a break in the middle.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Marc I will definately let you know.
Thanks doss! LOL I guess I never put the 2 (the beard and bearded) together LOL. I never have grown any other kind tho. My regular old purple TBIs are 31 inches from soil line to the top of the bloom, this one is 27 inches from soil line to the top of the flower. This bloom to me looks not as tall as the old stand-by purple ones.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh I can't wait :-) Thanks bunches Shelly

Marc

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Whatever it is, it's a real show stopper. My iris are just getting started blooming, I think everything is much earlier in Cal. so late for them would be early for you and me. We are still having some 32 degree nights. Today got up above 75!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Mary. LOL I was thinking, gosh... maybe I need to find me some of the early bloomers. My few Iris have just started too. We are (knock on wood) staying above 40 now. We had such a mild winter, I have found Callas, and Dahlias coming up from what I must have missed while digging for winter, they definately are not hardy here.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You are right you zone 5 gardeners. Brrrrr. But I did think that your SDB and IM were over. Not true? All of mine are just about petered out. The azaleas just finished too. That's why I look forward to your Iris now. It's stretching the season for sure. 'Sugar Blues' just rebloomed and I have a few really late Iris, but now I have to wait for more rebloom. Guess I'd better feed them. The early Astilbes are blooming now and so are some of the daylilies. And the Cannas are getting pretty high. I'm enjoying my garden right now - but I mostly do. :-)

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Anyone know a source for Apricot Topping? That one has my name on it for sure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.