Hydrangea Blooming

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

I just couldn't wait to show this shot of my first hydrangea bloom of the season. This plant came with the house, so I don't know the variety....

Thumbnail by jdee
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

How pretty! :) Isn't it fun to see a plant bloom for the very first time in your garden? I'm just now starting to see a few of the perennials I planted this spring put out blooms, and it's like I'm finally meeting them :) That's a beautiful color, wow!

BTW, with lots of folks traveling this weekend and taking care of major yard projects over the 3-day weekend, I've noticed that DG traffic is really slow. There should be more posts to your thread soon :)

Very nice blooms :) I planted an oakleaf hydrangea last year that I hope to see some blooms on later this year, and I'm planning on planting a bigleaf in another year or two as well. They are just so incredibly fantastic at maturity. Better than roses, IMHO :) What a score to inherit this baby w/ your house :)

Thanks for sharing!
Jacci

Castlegar, BC(Zone 6b)

Lovely blossoms, jdee. I am anxiously awaiting my Annabelle Hyrangea's first display of flowers too. I love hydrangeas!

Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you both. I'm quite proud of it. Can you tell me what kind of hydrangea I have?

I just got back from vacation, and was sooo happy to see my honey perfume rose had started reblooming. I took this picture Friday, the day after we got back....

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

....and this one today around 11am. Can you believe how fast it's growing?

Thumbnail by jdee
Paris, TX(Zone 8a)

Here is one of that hydrangea now...

Thumbnail by jdee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.