Where to buy mushroom compost in LARGE amounts?

Navarre (NW FL), FL(Zone 8b)

Does anyone know where these people who sell this stuff get it from? I live in the FL panhandle and any info would be much appreciated. I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this. Actually, an idea just popped into my head. I'll post it in the landscaping thread. Thank you all for reading.

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

do you have any murshroom farms nearby?? I can get a trailerload for $10 from our local mushroom house. Look in the phone book under mushrooms/mushroom houses...

HTH

Heather

edited because I REALLY can't spell..... LOL!!!

This message was edited May 25, 2005 11:02 PM

Oh my gosh! What I could do with a trailer load... I'll have to check this out mystic. I'll check right away.

I'm still looking. No luck so far. Maybe I just don't know how to use the ephonebook site but it sounds like it functions the same as qwestdex or whitepages. Humm. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks gain.

Hope Valley, RI(Zone 6b)

I just got a truck load from the Franklin Mushroom Farm in Connecticut. It's great stuff and you just can't beat the price.

small pickup $7
large pickup $11
dump truck $21
and they load it for you.

Brookhaven, PA(Zone 7a)

oh-- I'm old school-- I just use the phone book the phone company gives me--- I ususally have better luck and can find local companies.. good luck!!!

Heather

Thanks mystic and sbrag... There's nothing wrong with oldschool. Sometimes there is no better way than the original. Especially when looking for LOCAL stuff. I finally did find a farm "near" me. It's in Quincy Florida. Quite a ways away but I'll definately be making a trip out there.

Now... does anyone have a dump truck I can borrow lol.

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Send a private E-mail to Andre at MerryGro.com his e-mail is araab@merrygro.com. Tell him Chere in Vero told you to write. He should be able to help you locate someone close to you with the Mushroom stuff.

Thanks so much for this contact info. I'll send him an email right away.

Lamar, AR(Zone 7a)

I need to find somewhere local to get this stuff.

Buying it in bags from Lowe's is way to expensive

Citra, FL

I understand that you can pick up mushroom compost from these people in Orlando:

http://www.montereymushrooms.com/about_overview.asp

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.