mini gardens

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

here's one i redid this spring.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Linden, VA(Zone 6a)

Cute! What are the plants you included? From the perspective you've shown it's hard to tell - Is the one in the front left corner of the box sized to be a shrub or tree?

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i use tiny tears , hens,chicks, and sedums. the pine tree is not real. here's a close-up of left side.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

the right side.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

that is so cute! I want to make one now :)

Rachel

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

How cute! My kids want to make one now!

Laura

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

here's another i did yesterday.

Thumbnail by daylily970
Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Too adorable!

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

oooh that is just perfect!

Rachel

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

thanks! i enjoy them during the summer. they are easy to do.

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

daylily970
You are quite artistic. Love the one in the cage.

The other one kind of reminds me of the Christmas scene that my daughter does. Similar ideas.

Joan

Baton Rouge, LA(Zone 9a)

I love your mini gardens!!! Can I ask were you got the globe type basket!!! I would love to make something like it for my backyard. Also, where are you finding the mini furniture and buildings??? Very, very cute!!!!

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

thanks! i got the globe at big lots! the buildings are tea light holders i found at jo ann fabrics. i brought some things at a local greenhouse, found the furniture at a craft booth at a flea market and micheal's is another great place to find things. hope this helps. belinda

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

here's a link to a mini garden bassetmom made. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/495042/

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

daylliy, luv your mini gardens. Great designs! You are lucky that you have a big lots to get such neat things. I luv the globe one. Are they expensive?
:) Donna

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

donna, thanks. i got it on clearance last summer. they didn't have anything like it this year. my mom wanted one. belinda

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks for the link, daylily!

Barb

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are terrific! They must be so much fun to create. I love them both but am tempted to try my hand at a globe...

Jen (who just set down her coffee cup on old bookshelves from the Coshocton library!)

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

jen, are from coshocton? belinda

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

No, my aunt lived there and bought them when the library was remodeled (in the 70s??), brought them to Illinois and left them with my family when she moved again. My brother in Montana has some, too. I bet those bookshelves are in darn near every state, lol! They're beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.