something wrong with earth box tomatoes

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

i posted a while back and showed my earthbox tomatoes,they was great them,but something is happening to them ,the leaves is curling up. heres a picture of the leaves

Thumbnail by starfly
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Are you using the white side? Also you might want to ask Tplant he's a big earthbox guy and he lives in Florida so he might have tips for you. Or King he's an EB guy in FL too.

Saint

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

yes i follow all the direction it gave bought all the right stuff,white side is up..
thank you

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Talk to Tplant or King then...they can fix just about anything with the tomato plants and are pros with EBs

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

where do i find them,

Covington, LA(Zone 9b)

tplant is in the tomatoes forum alot.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Yes, post in the Tomato forum and someone will answer you about this. Tplant should be on later this afternoon.

Saint

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

thanks ill go do that right now

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

heres a new picture of my earthbox tomatoes they seem to be doing better, i have little white places on leaves where it looks like something has crawled on it ,but can,t find nothing

Thumbnail by starfly
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Do the white things look like a snail's mark? If so it's prob leafminers...

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

this is what it looks like

Thumbnail by starfly
Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Yep..pluck all those leaves off. The plant will still do fine. You might want to look for a spray (spraying doesn't do much but make YOU feel better) but that will only kill the leafminers that attack after you spray. It really shouldn't have much of an impact on your yeild unless you strip the plant of all it's leaves.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Starfly, I have had a heck of a time with leafminers. My EB plants aren't as badly affected as my RB plants. So far the leafminers haven't done any permanent damage but they do make my plants look ugly!

Laura

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

well iwent out and picked off all the leaves that had it on it,only 63 leaves.
looks a little thinner.but hopefully it will have new leaves to come on

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.