Louisiana iris in WI

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

I heard that these were hardy, way up here in WI, so I am giving it a try. I can give them plenty of water and a slightly acidic bed; does anyone have experience with growing these in the North?

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Marcia,
We just returned from a trip to WI for my mother's 80th birthday and went to the Farmer's Market in Madison. Have you ever been there? It's the biggest one in the country and absolutely outstanding ! My parents sell there, but last Saturday was their last time until fall. They're 80 and 82 and have sold there on Saturdays for over 20 years. GL.

Yes, I have been there A LOT, generally go before 7AM, because it gets so crowded. It is so nice, no big commercial things allowed-you have to be hand in hand with your product. What did your parents sell-nuts by any chance? I encourage anyone who comes through to have a stop in there-it is something to see and you can eat your way around the market, unless of course you are carrying too many plants--which I have done many........times. Sorry that I did not know about your folks, I would have made a stop there.

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, butternuts, walnuts, and hickory nuts.
I'm going to post a picture of them on the photo forum.
GL.

I know them!!!!!!!!! bought all three kinds of nuts from them, sorry to hear that they are retiring from the market. The butternuts were the first I had had since my sister and I "visited" a neighbors tree 45 years ago!!!!!!!!! and all three made great gifts--hard to find people willing to take the time and trouble to pick out those nuts. If you want a great ( time consuming recipe for a WONDERFUL Hickory nut cake or hickory nut pie-just e-mail me

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.