Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

some perennials

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

sorry..thought I had posted picture!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

my perennial bed

Thumbnail by levilyla
Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Very, very pretty :) Great use of foliage contrast... especially the hosta in the corner ;)

(Zone 10b)

Wow, the diversity of plants in your yard is eyecatching.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Just Beautiful....Did you mound the dirt up and then put in the plants?

Southern, United States

That is so pretty! congratulations on a job well done!

Medford, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wonderful design and your plantings are exquisite.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Great job: looks worthy of a magazine. Wonder if any of the gardening magazines ever wander around Dave's Garden.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Just so you know I am not stalking you :-) but now I AM coming over. Your yard is amazing - I called my boyfriend in to see. Our border is in the sun but I said that is what we will have some day! Thank you for posting the picture.

-Kim

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL many thanks for the compliments..but realize it is early in the season and everything looks good now (especially in a picture) believe me it has many flaws!

Richfield, UT(Zone 5b)

Very pretty. Thanks for sharing and the inspiration. :)

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

WOW - very nice!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Absolutely fantastic! Your colors and textures and design are so lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!

Royston, GA(Zone 7b)

*envious* I can only hope that I can get my beds to look as good as yours! Very nice.

You could make a beginner give up! Fantastic, beautiful!

Dayton, OH(Zone 6a)

Care to share your plant plan? Your garden makes mine look sick and I thought mine looked pretty good till now.

Beautiful picture.

Connie

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the compliment..but I just go out and see something I like (which is frequently) and then walk around and stick it in. No Plan.

God blesses each of us in different ways. For you He chose gardening. God bless you.

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Levilyla, could you please tell me how deep your beds are? From front to back, I mean?

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

About a million miles! Okay, not really. I saw them just yesterday and I couldn't tell you- maybe 5 feet? Nancy was nice enough to let Critterologist/Jill and I pop in for a visit and she donated some perennials to the cause -US!

Her garden's are just as beautiful as you think they are and she is the nicest hostess. Why she had us digging up all kinds of plants. Ya know, they were right where she wanted to clear a space....

~Kim

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

How fun for you!!! I was thinking atleast that deep, maybe 8 ft? Is that too much? I've been making new beds all over the place here (new house) this year and I'm averaging about 8 ft deep. Curves make it a little less some places a little more in others. I was just wondering, since her beds look so nice and full. Plenty of room for lots of gorgeous foliage contrast. That's exactly the look I'd love to have. When I'm 70 and my baby trees are grown maybe :) Congrats on your new plants, BTW ;)

Jacci

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank You Jacci, I am hoping to overrun some of the weeds under my trees with the plants I gleaned from levilyla. My beds are also 8 foot - gives you lots of options- IMO We have only been here a little over a year so it is a work in progress just like yours.

If you were coming to the Mid-Atlantic RU this weekend you could have your pick! It is ONLY 400 miles away:)

-Kim

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hmmm.....only 400 miles, huh? LOL -- sure hubby won't mind a road trip ;)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I would say 8 feet up to about 12 feet at the curve...many thanks for your compliments bluekat, but you didn't mention all the weeds and the beebalm out of control now in the perennial bed!

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

Levilya - What's blooming light blue in the lower left corner of the pic? I love the color.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I am thinking it is woodland phlox which reseeded there without my permission...Want some?

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, lev--when I combine your photo above with the 'path to my woodland garden' picture I think I saw you posted on another thread you really have an awesome perennial garden. I can't wait until you have your next DG garden tour--I'll be there! t.

Rockford, IL(Zone 4b)

It's beautiful - I'd love some! I can trade you for something or I'd be happy to do postage, too

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Great garden. Healthy and lush!
:) Donna

Donna is right - lush is the word! I like the shade the trees give you. Must be nice with a chaise lounge, some iced tea and a good book in the summertime.

Brownfield, ME(Zone 4b)

Awesome !!! You should be proud
lanie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.