Princess Diana Clematis

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Shirley1md!

I absolutely love these dainty flowers, and it blooms all summer, right thru the heat.
I also have Gravetye Beauty (I hope) that hasn't flowered yet.

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Perfect little blooms start hanging down, then start tilting.

Thumbnail by violabird
Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Till fully open. My anole can't wait for the show this year.

Thumbnail by violabird
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I am anxious to see it fully open too. That's really pretty Vi.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

That is the pic of it fully open Sidney! The flower is only 2".

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Stunning !!!!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I luv it, Viola! Beautiful!!!
:) Donna

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

gorgeous!!!!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Excellent photo, Vi! My C. texensis, "Princess Diana" hasn't bloomed yet, but it has put out a lot of new growth. Hopefully some big fat buds will appear soon! Yours is simply gorgeous! Don't you love their reflexed curves at the tips of the blooms?! C. texensis, "Gravetye Beauty" should be blooming very soon for you also. Does it have buds yet? Way to grow!!!

Sugarweed, the blooms are open. These are small flowering compared to the large showy flowers of other varieties. I just love their simple elegance!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

What a pretty pink, so sweet. I will have to look for this one. But where will I put it? Since when did that keep a vine freak from purchase. LOL

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

This really is a sweet looking flower...I never knew anything but the large type clematis existed until this week...but I love this one! And also some of the bell shaped ones.
Margie

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh Margie, you're in for a real treat!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

very lovely

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm in awe! That is a great flower! Luv it!

Great pics, Viola bird!

Gonna go find me one of those! (Wedding anniversary coming up...will make a fantastic present for my DW! She's MY Princess!)

This message was edited May 23, 2005 10:26 PM

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I love the small flowered ones, too. I have managed to lose the tags so I don't know their names, but I have this one...

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

And this one..

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

And this...

Thumbnail by melvatoo
Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

One more...

Thumbnail by melvatoo
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh...they are so cute...where do you purchase them melvatoo and violabird??

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Very pretty same like Diana.
Kaleem

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I got all of mine from Chalk Hill Clematis, they send really nice, established plants
http://www.chalkhillclematis.com/menu.html

This message was edited May 24, 2005 2:09 PM

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I have 2 plants ordered from Chalk Hill...they were out of PD...they did have specials on other small ones...I am not sure if they are the same as yours?
Please check out the monthly specials and let me know if you see ones similar to yours!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I looked, and none of the ones on the monthly special, look like mine...

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you...another thing...could you find some on the photos that are close to yours for me?! It seems that all their unusual ones are sold out. When is a good time to order to get a good selection?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

http://store.yahoo.com/chalkhillclematis/crispa1726.html
That is the only one that I saw...I think fall, is the best time to order from them...

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you...I will do that...

Margie

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Wow, looks like I might have started something here ;>}

Shirley1md got our clematis from here from the co-op in 03. http://donahuesclematis.com/smallflower.html

Melva, you just might ID all your from this site. That gorgeous pink stripe must be Duchess of Albany!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

A co-op in '03....anyone see one coming this year?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

What a cool site! I feel sure that one of mine is this one...
http://donahuesclematis.com/flower/texensisEtoileRose.html
I will take some pictures later and post them. The roses seem to be taking a break, but I do have some Clematis that are blooming. I bookmarked that site, thanks for posting it!

This message was edited May 25, 2005 10:23 AM

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I think we should start another co-op for these, don't y'all? I just gotta have some.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I think so too...it could be for fall delivery?

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

A Clematis co-op? I'm in!
Here is a picture of the only one I could find blooming...it was guessed that it could be Duchess of Albany?

Thumbnail by melvatoo
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I love it! I will wait on ordering anymore clematis....just incase there is a co-op!

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

You guys did it again.Another great site to order from.I bookmarked it and will order for Fall shipping unless there is a clematis coop.I have alot of clematis vines all started bare root last spring so it will take some time before they give me more than 1 or 2 flowers.I have to have the princess and also clematis Armandi.I smelled it all over Charleston SC. in March.It costs alot more than I usually pay for plants but it is worth it just for the scent and for the fact that it blooms so early.Thanks for the site.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Beautiful clematis, Violabird and Melva!

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Doesn't somebody want to start a new co-op for these lovely clematis???

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, gorgeous!!

Kernersville, NC(Zone 7a)

so so pretty! I am waiting for the co-op who's gonna do it?

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

I love coops, you love coops, we ALL love coops !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.