MaVie's seeds....

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Back in 2003, MaVie Rose was kind enough to share datura seeds with many of us at DG. I didn't get around to planting them last year, but started some inside last November. Here is one and I'll post more as the season goes on. I really love this!!! I just love Black Currant Swirl.

Thanks so much MaVie!!! :)

Thumbnail by Brinda
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

That is a beautiful large bloom

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

This one has huge blooms on it. I will get a good pic soon so MaVie can see how they are doing!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

wow beautiful... i just can't get them to live after put in ground.. i have couple now i check them dailey and say pleaseeeeeeeeeee.. you got super nice one.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Twyla, I grow most all of mine in pots. I've had decent luck with 2 of them in the ground and I'm trying a few more in the ground this year. We will see! Start some seeds and try them in pots. I just love the blooms! They brighten up everything and they are such a heat tolerant plant. And they don't seem to be fussy at all....I never fertilize them.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Looks awesome, Brinda!
:) Donna

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Brinda,

Did you take any other pictures?

Judy

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

No Judy, I haven't! But I will this weekend. I have huge buds everywhere. The pic on this thread really isn't a good one at all, I just wanted MaVie to know that I appreciated the seeds that she had sent me. I'll get some more pics this weekend. These things are getting huge! LOL

Kerrville, TX

Beautiful...

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Bumping this back up for MaVie! MaVie, I do appreciate you sending seeds to me a few years ago. I'm really enjoy them now.

Thumbnail by Brinda
Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

What is the name of THAT beast?

I want one!!!!!!!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Bogweed, send me your address via D-Mail and I will save some seeds for you.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Has anyone heard from MVR yet ?

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Brinda I would love some seeds also if you have some to spare. Thanks.

Doris

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Doris, I should. The seed pods are ripening now, shouldn't be much longer.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Hey Brinda! I would love to have some seeds if you have any extra. Can send sase. From one Okie to another.....thank you!
Susan

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Ok , another one i would love seeds of! Can I get on the list too? Need postage sent ahead of time?

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi Sue, I have 2 pods that I've just picked and are drying. If you will send me D-Mail along with your address I should be able to get them out in a few weeks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.