Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Back lit by the sun.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md

A waterfall of blooms.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

This is one of the ones I love, Shirley! Very beautiful! It is so delicate looking! Lovely photos too!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I have that one but it sure doesnt bloom like yours. Wow.

Mesilla Park, NM

That is so pretty, and so full of blooms I love it..that is the color I am missing here. There is a little one, no blooms this year... maybe next year.. and hopefully it will grow up to be like yours.

edited to say: I just visited the co-op forum,,, boy, I don't know how I missed your clematis co-op when you hosted it..????? I must have been asleep.

This message was edited May 21, 2005 7:34 PM

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments! This Clematis has grown so large that it is covering both sides of my split rail fence! Henryi is an "oldie but goodie" and just keeps getting better each year!

Sorry you missed my co-op Gourd. However, Henryii was not one of the vines featured in that co-op. I really had this one.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

A real Goodie, Shirley! It took 2-3 years in my old house for it to take hold but then--look out covered 45ft fence under cedars at back of house. One of the really hard to leave behind plants when relocating! I must try one here.
Spectacular.

Thanks Sunrize! It's a shame that you had to leave Henryi behind, but hopefully the new occupants will appreciate his beauty too! Definitely plant another one in your new garden. It probably will take a couple of years to get established, but when it does, watch out!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Wow are those ever beutiful. I know they are hardy to zone 5 but do they need full sun?? part sun?? shade?? I am thinking of a friends fence. She wants to weave it with that yuckie plastic to make her back yard more private YUCK!!! If it can take mostly shade I would love to have her make her privacy fence out of Henryii instead. I have no fences so off to re-do a friends.. Now thats what I call a good friend one who lets you play in her yard.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Great photos Shirley!

old_rose: I would use either a Clematis Montana variety or Clematis paniculata, "Sweet Autumn". They give quick coverage and will cover much more fencing than C. Henryii would. BTW, Henryii is grown in pt. sun.

Thanks Dea! I appreciate the kind remarks!

Olathe, KS(Zone 6a)

HA! Very cool, now I know exactly what my monster white clematis is! A waterfall of white is the best explanation yet for henryi! Ours has taken over a big old trellis and is 1 foot thickat the tops where it has entangled itself and just kept of going. Thanks for the pics!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.