Spring/Summer Secret Plant Trade??

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

I am in, please. I'll e you my address. Why not have everyone include their zone in the email and that would make it easier for trading from zone to zone? Just a thought.

I would love fragrant perennials!
lily of the valley
herbs (pineapple mint, honeydew sage, especially the variegated variety of anything, thyme but not lemon, no lemon balm)
fragrant lilies
cannas
blackeyed susans
snowdrops
peachleaf bellflower (actually any perennial bellflower)
cleome
zone 5 hardy lavender
yellow, orange, peach and red colors, burgundy and white... have a lot of pink things and purple things.

Thanks - this is going to be fun! I love secret trades even though I did get burned once, but hey, life happens.

Edited to say I just kill houseplants, so please don't send me any. Only thing I'm good with is schefflera (sp?) and that is just because they can take abuse, LOL :P
YAYY!

This message was edited to add the info about house plants

This message was edited May 25, 2005 11:44 AM

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

I would like to be included in this secret trade. I am new at this, so will need some guidance.

Will make up a wish list tonight after work.

Thanks, Eyes, for doing this. It sounds interesting.
Carol

Walhalla, SC(Zone 7a)

Count me in too! I'm not sure how this works either, so someone will have to clue me in! It sounds like fun! I'll email my addy when needed.

Thanks,
Jaimee

Want list, Any cool houseplant- anything unusual and different
Especially hoyas & philodendrons

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Here is my “Wish List”

Any allium, peony or poppy
Salvias
Verbascum
Iris
Trumpet vine
Lillies
Agastache
A surprise is always nice too.

No houseplants or tropicals.

I have almost no shade, so nothing that doesn’t like at least a little sun.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Me Too!!!!

I would love to get some Clematis or any other cool vine's and I can alway's use more fern's!

Coleus and scented geraniums are alway's on my list to get as is Brunnera, then again so are water lily, lotus, hosta and house plant's, herbs and anything REALLY tall for the back of the flowerbed's!! LOL

But as you all know I am easy so what ever is sent I will be HAPPY with!!!!!!!!!!

sue

This message was edited May 23, 2005 8:43 PM

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Eyes add me to the list. I wanta play too!!

Wants: Any thing that will take the heat here. LOL
Broke the record here for the last two days. 100 yesterday, supposed to be 85.
No Canna's
No house plants.
No tropicals
Pond plants OK
Irises, Daylily's OK
You get the general Idea

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Eyes
how bout if people say they want plants from what zone
would that make it easier?
Zone 5 plants are boring...........

(Cause I want Susie to get my name.......LOL)

I really like getting stuff thats not found in my zone
It seems that whats available across the country in zone 5 is probably the same stuff I see at garden centers here
this is a chance to break out of the wallyzone......

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

True CC...........and we all know how much you like to push the zone-o-meter to the limit, LOL..........CC wants zones 8, 9, 10 , and 11 if she can get it.....

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

ROTFLMAO
am I that obvious.......????

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Winters are my problem here, and i have planted many things that are not zoned for the winter. So far so good. The way i look at it, i am planting for global warming. :)

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

hmmm I'd like zone 10 plants and zone 7 temps... LOL ~ Suzi :)

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I'd like to join also. I'm not fussy about zones, anything goes. Just am not into black eye susans or cannas or houseplants. Doris

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Can I play? I've read the list and have about five or more of what people want. As for me.. I'd like...
Jack-in-the-pulpit
Non-purple coneflower
Chocolate flower
Pink Lily of the Valley
Unusal foxglove (not pink white or lavender)
Less than common perennials
Unusal herbs

I'm in 6b but have a greenhouse... (and in the exchange)
When should we send the plants?
Can we send more than three?
Barb

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'd like to play too.....I've never done this before.....My wish list:

five spot
house plants
primrose...any kind
white monk's hood
foam flower
white gloria
anemone
bridal veil
snakeroot
clematis types:
Huldine
HF Young
Gillian Blades
Dr. Ruppel
Rouge cardinal

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

if anyone has their plant trading list of wants posted on internet in DG or Garden Web, it would be helpful if it were posted here so we can see what traders have so we will not send them dupicates. I have my list on Garde Web at http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/msbarbara
I live in Zone 8a and push the zones and grow tropicals and subtropicals. I have large collection of elephant ears, gingers, brugmansia, canna.
Wants-unusual tropicals and sub-tropicals I don't have.
Please don't send plants I have--Please check my trade list.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Sign me up too. I'll be back later with a wish list.
Brenda

Paradise, TX(Zone 8a)

Please include me! I wish for either full sun or shade to part shade periennials for my zone. I have a butterfly/hummingbird garden and a banana tree garden also; accent plants for either would be cool. I don't need any trees as we have 15 acres and 14 acres of it is wooded...
Thanks,
darmadoll

This message was edited May 26, 2005 6:45 AM

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Thanks Eyes, I was just looking at the wish lists of the northern gardeners and thinking "there's nothing on their lists that I can even find down here!"
Now I need to go try to fix my "want list". I have so much trouble figuring that thing out, but maybe I can do it!

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I would like to join also......
No cannas though....
I like daylilies,spiders and doubles.. hostas, ferns, sun coleus,and hellebores and the unusual.......No orange anything.....

This message was edited May 24, 2005 5:40 PM and please don't mail BEFORE June 17.......

This message was edited Jun 3, 2005 9:49 AM

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

ok--I'm in too--list to follow

thanks!

Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm the same as crestedchik - I like to get tropicals and other things I can't find in my zone. Zone 5 plants are sometimes boring. So you don't need to give my name to someone in my zone if it's easier for you.

Wishings:

acontitum (monkshood) - any
aquilegia (columbine) - no doubles please
brunnera (false forget me not)- any
pulmonaria (lungwort) - any - have Mrs Moon
hosta - blues, small to med size
eupatorium (Joe pye weed) - any
eryngium (sea holly) - any
hellebores (lenten rose) - any
digitalis (foxglove) - esp like lanata/have lutea & ferruginea
geranium - any - have cranesbill Biokovo
hemerocallis (daylily) - spiders only
dwarf iris

My Zone: 4a

please, no houseplants/bushes/trees/veggie/annuals or bulbs that have to go into and out of the ground....many thanks!

Soquel, CA(Zone 9a)

I'M IN!!! How fun, thank you!

What a great time I had making this wish list : )
hummingbird sage
japanese anemone
rooted star jasmine
rooted evergreen wisteria
lemon verbena
passiflora incense
baby's breath
chocolate cosmo
dark blue or royal blue delphiniums--black bee
bearded iris: painted doll, quivering flame, red butterly, scarlet butterly, sir michael, shah jehan, solar fire, decadence, gala madrid
japanese and louisiana iris, especially ones with vivid veins
siberian iris--chilled wine
shooting star
pacific coast iris

i love deep-colored flowers, unique-shaped flowers, flowers that cut well for arrangements
, flowers that deer don't like (ha ha) and/or drought tolerant, chinese herbs...

Thumbnail by sevensisters
Floresville, TX(Zone 9a)

I would like to join in as well...

Wish list:

No cannas please! I have tons of them everywhere.
No trees unless they're tropical and have to be moved inside in the winter (sounds weird, but I like tropical trees in big heavy pots. Might be a problem when I get older lol)

Passifloras
tropical vines of any kind
aristolochia vines (other than gigantea) aka dutchman's pipe
anything blue/purple/violet (other colors are ok too though)
Gingers (no white hedychium)
opuntia (prickly pear... I have pink, red, and yellow already)
agaves (the weirder the better)
aloes hardy in z9
anything that can survive northwest exposure (sun from 12-dark) in poor soil 2-3 feet from pavement (really hot in summer, but offers some extra heat in winter) with little care. I have growing there already a few sages, Bauhinia mexicana, red wisteria tree, gaura, cactus, sotols, agaves, blackfoot daisy, etc. just for an idea of what has survived so far.
Shade perennials, tropical or otherwise
Terrestrial orchids of any kind
Ferns
Tricyrtis (toad lily)
Anything South African
Iochromas (have the red and a loose flowered blueish one)
Brugmansias (prefer orange-red or pink, but any color is ok)
Browallia (not the dark purple... common I know, but I like them)
Any weird or unusual plants of any kind

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

count me in - wish list: daylilies, hosta, coleus, hellebores, iris, heuchera, ferns. please no houseplants, canna's, trees or anything invasive. you can check my garden journal on what i have. thanks!!

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

I too would like to play!

Cathy

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

When will we get are person? Just curious.

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

I think June 15 is the deadline. Linda Be patient ;0))

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Many of the lists above are extremely specific. I sure hope that everyone will be happy if they don't get exactly what's on their lists. I know I listed a few things I'd love to have, but I hope no one will feel compelled to find them for me if they aren't in their gardens right now, and large enough to divide.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Pins, I was thinking the same thing too. I have things I would love to have, but I'm open to anything that can take the heat down here!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

The idea of secret trades is the element of surprise! Know that most plants will be a surprise......the reason for a wish list is to let your secret trader know if they have a specific item you're wanting, not a garantee that you will get certain items.........The real joy here is sharing our gardens with our garden community here!!

"eyes"

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 9a)

I also am open to anything that can stand the Mississippi heat.

Dee

Walhalla, SC(Zone 7a)

Just as long as we can specify Garden items or houseplants, as i dont have a garden and some don't do houseplants! I'm all good! Suprises are great!!!
Jaimee

This is my first secret trade, but--this is how it seems to me.....
If I don't have what's on a person's wish list, I'll use it to scout for clues of what type of plants/flowers/foliage they like. Or maybe for indications of sun vs shade, tall vs groundcover etc. Sometimes new faves are found when another gardener says, "well if you like ..that, then you should check out....this"

I wouldn't expect a ST to stand on their head to offer me a trade completely off of my wishlist, but if they happen to have those plants and can share them--all the better!

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

Ok, "eyes" I'll join too! I've been lurking around and it seems to sound like a lot of fun.

I have alot of plants starting up about now. And I'll be back with a wish list and a few things that are ready growing.

~* Robin

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

I don't want to appear picky! I will be happy with anything good that will live happily in my mostly-sun gardens. I do have a tiny piece of shade still left but not much to speak of.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Exactly Mudgirl, you can even go back and read some of your secret trrader's old threads; you'll be amazed by what they will tell you in themselves!!

"eyes"

N., CA(Zone 9a)

I cant wait! I've already started shopping and I dont even know who my secret recipient is! LOL! Ü
~Rachael

Oh yeah...old threads....the plot thickens! I love it!

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Eyes, I think I will drop out. With the SG swap going, I don't want to disappoint someone. Maybe next year...

Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.