looking for a tree that flowers around Father's Day

fort erie, ON(Zone 6a)

i am looking for a tree that flowers around Fathers Day and i am in Zone 6. thanks for the help.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Not usually much happening then flower-wise as far as trees go, but it varies with latitude and geography. Castanea comes to mind as a possibility. Can you wail until Father's day and then look around to see what's doing something in your area, or are you wanting to plant something for your Dad now? Or remind us all a few days before Father's day and we can send you ideas based upon what we see in our own areas.

Guy S.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I just saw your other post, and agree with Zarabeth's advice there. Wait and do it right rather than rushing into something. Also, a tree doesn't have to be in bloom on father's day, or have noticeable flowers at any time, to be a fitting memorial. To me, grandeur, dignity, and longevity are much more important. Further, maybe it could bloom on his birthday, or on your parents' anniversary, instead of Father's Day?

Guy S.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Forgot to mention -- what about a tree propagated from his birthplace or another place important in his life? (I guess I need to learn how to use the edit function on this forum!)

Guy S.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.