Clematis "Daniel Deronda"

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I love this Blue blue with the red on the tips....

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Lovely...there are so many pretty ones! How do you decide which one to choose to get???

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I guess it's just whatever makes my heart skip a beat at the moment I am looking at them...

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Do you tend to buy them on-line or from a nursery or store in your area?
I like your deciding factor...I thought you would give me all the requirements it has to meet for where you are planning to plant it!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I buy mine from a Friend that grows them in Washington..she has made recommendation as to what are the hardiest in the garden..also, I just tell her a color and she sends me pics or I just find some online and ask her...I have bought about 6 online and about 25 from her and the rest of my 40 I bought at walmart believe it or not..LOL..Debbie is great she sells them for $12.00 +shipping and they have the most magnificent roots...I don't like that "Sleep","
Creep" Leap" part..I buy 2 or 3 yr olds from her and go right into leaping....if you are interested let me know...here is a pic of one she sent..check out the roots!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

WOW...what roots! Yes, I am interested and would love to connect with her...

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Check your mailbox on Daves...

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Jeanne...

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I love this Clematis too! Your Daniel Deronda is lovely!

Look at that root system! Does it usually bloom the first year for you?

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I can believe your heart skipped a beat for this one, Jeanne. Whose heart wouldn't? It's truly gorgeous.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes Shirley ..they do..didn't you see the buds on it..I cheat and buy 3 year old Clems ....so i don't have to suffer that "Sleep","Creep" period...her clems are wonderful....

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Yuph! I see the buds on that Clematis. I was half asleep last night when I responded to your thread! : ~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.