Darura seed for SASE

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

I have lots of seed from a lovely white Datura. It came up this year as a volunteer and had close to 50 blossoms! I collected almost 30 seed pods (spiny mean things) I had planned to plant the seed around the property, but i have a two year old and and lots of small kids around, so i thought i'd give the seed away. The mother plant died down but over wintered fine here (zone 5) she is a already pretty big.

Anyone?

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I've been trying to find some Datura seeds here locally, but haven't been able to find any. The only ones I've ever seen are the Sacred Datura that grow on the way up the mountain, and I fell in love with them. Such a sweet smell. :)

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

I think these are possibly the datura inoxia. If so, please be careful around those little ones. Thanks, Suzi :)

Datura Inoxia is poisonous according to:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/94473/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/355/
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/thorn_apple.htm "all parts of this plant are highly poisonous (it is sometimes labeled as the most poisonous plant on Earth, although this is subjective). No part of this plant should ever be injested."

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

I believe that this is the Datura sometimes called Jimsonweed and yes, i believe it is quite toxic. The reason i didn't plant more. the mother plant has returned and i am leaving her. She is just so pretty, and in a far corner of the yard. If my daughter shows too much interest in the flowers she'll have to go.

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Tombaak, you'd mentioned that you had some seeds? Do you still have them, and are you still giving them away?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Most all if not all Tropical plants are poisonous, including but not limited to:
Azalea
Belladona,Catura,Jenbane,Jessamine,Jimsonweed, leaves of Tomato Plants
Caladium,Dieffenbachia,Philodendron
Crown of Thorns/English Ivy
Daffodil,Tulip,Wisteria Roots
Foxglove
Larkspur
Lily of The Valley
Monkshood
Oleander
Holly
Jerusalem Cherry
Nightshade
Lily
Mother-In-Laws Tongue (aka snake plant)
Rhubarb
Seeds and pits of Apple,Apricot,Cherry,Peach,and Hydrangea
Walnut Hulls
Yew

Westmoreland, TN(Zone 7a)

wow judy i didnt know all those plants were poisonous Thanks for the info.
:}
RH

Thumbnail by rh3708
Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Judy,
Yes, thanks for the add'l info. Will make sure I pass that on about tomato leaves and cherry pits/seeds to DSD, since she has my 4 y/o DGD to protect; grows tomatoes and I gave her money to get the cherry tree. ~ Suzi :)

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

I still have lots of seed. I mailed you my address, just send a SASE.

Melissa

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

tombaak,

I'd love to have some seed, if you still have any.

Regarding poisonous plants...I think it's a good idea to treat all plants as poisonous unless you know for sure they aren't.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

jasmerr,

Ahem to your advice.

Judy

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi tombaak,
I planted some dat seeds I had and nothing sprouted :( If you've any left I 'd love to have some of your white dat seeds.
Thank You,
tootsie

Paradise, TX(Zone 8a)

Melissa,
I would love to have some of these seeds if you still have any available. PLMK!
happy gardening :)
colleen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.