Buying gourd plants?

clifton, NJ

Anyone know where I can buy some gourd plants? Looking for bitter gourd and calabash/bottle gourd. I found a site that was selling the bitter gourd but I lost it :(

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Do you actually want the plants or dried gourds? I haven't often seen gourd plants for sale. Usually just the seeds or the dried gourds.

Crossville, TN

I haven't seen plants for sale either...the seeds are easy to start, and I would be glad to send you some bottle gourd seeds....*hoping I have some left*. Let me know on the seeds as time is a wasting for planting in your area for this year......they need a rather long growing season. Jo

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

If Jo doesnt' have seed for you, I have PLENTY! I would hestitate to order gourd plants, given their shallow roots. Don't think they'd travel well and they are far too easy to start from seed (grin).

Barb

Crossville, TN

I thought about the gourds after I was in town today...yep...I think of gourds A LOT! LOL

Here is a website that FD posted the other day on the Bitter Gourd seeds.

http://www.evergreenseeds.com/evergreenseeds/bitgourbitme.html

Also, I notice in PF that he had posted a picture of an unusual gourd and it also had the name Bottle Gourd...Now, I don't know if this gourd was like the hard shelled gourds we normally grow or not....but it was not like the picture of the Bottle Gourds I have. Will check on it some more.

This is a picture by GourdGracious...they call these Bottle Gourds...as do I. Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.