Check out this co-op

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Click on A-Z on left and you can find them easier.

Neomarica caerulea / Walking Iris
Full sun, light shade height: 5 ft. hardiness: 40° origin: Brazil
Tall gray-green iris like leaves. The 3-4" flowers are intense blue-purple with intricate markings in the center.

and the iris below I love the foliage on. The flower is very pretty but I like the uniqueness of foliage of copper-bronze and green

Libertia peregrinans / New Zealand Iris
Full sun, light shade height: 1 ft. hardiness: 15° origin: New Zealand
Little fans of strikingly colored foliage of copper-bronze and green. Makes an excellent container or rock garden plant.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Ilove - whats the A-Z thing? I'm not following. A little help needed here.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

If you click on a-z, Then you can click on the first letter of the botanical name of each plant and it will take you to the page it is on.

I just reread that and confused myself.

Sorry,

Blessings,
Sandy

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I think you forgot to include the website address?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Sandy,

Here's the link to the walking iris
http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=walking+iris&Search=Search

And here's the link to the New Zealand Iris
http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=new+zealand+iris&Search=Search

If you go to the plantfiles and click search you'll see a box. Above the box in green it says 'Generalized Search'. Click that and then you can search easily.
OR you can bookmark this link
http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php

Hope this helps. Thanks for the info.

If you'd like to learn how to make a link, email me.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Please check it out under co-ops. I hope I did better there.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/511326/

Really sorry.
Sandy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

No apologies Sandy, We're glad that you're here. And everyone slips a loop sometimes. It's just part of the fun. Be sure you come back. Do you have photos of your Iris?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I have the walking iris that is white and blue. The 3rd one down on this link [HYPERLINK@davesgarden.com], And I can't wait to get the blue one from the co-op.
I am also ordering the Libertia peregrinans / New Zealand Iris as I liked the odd foliage color.

I have a white iris, a purple and a light mauve one. A friend gave me these years ago with alot of others that have not bloomed yet. I should have superstition I got at walmart last year. I don't know the names of the ones she gave me. She was moving and I got what was left after her other friends. None of them must have been too old for they have not bloomed in 6 or 7 years. I don't know alot about them, except they are beautiful. I also have one that gets 5-6ft tall. and is yellow. I did alot of trading last year and aquired alot that haven't bloomed but the foliage is a blueish silver. I want to find out which are louisiana and,flag iris and so on. Just haven't got that far yet. And names don't mean much to me, I just love all the colors.

This is my first co-op to be organizer of. I was trying to get the word out and did not even say the 5 plants are from Plant Safari.

You said everyone slips a loop sometimes, well I haven't had a loop to slip. lol ;o)

This lists the 5 plants I chose as I want to keep it small. I can always do another one.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. And I will be back to this forum.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

What are coops? Could someone please explain, or must I click on the link and find out all by myself? I think I can...I think I can... think I can....

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I think this explains it better than I can. http://davesgarden.com/coop_primer/
Blessings,
Sandy

This message was edited May 22, 2005 1:24 AM

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Just a reminder to look at the co-op.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

I've browsed in the co-op information a bit, but my question is: isn't it an awful bother? Is the saving that much to go through all the extra work? I can understand if it were a local garden group distributing to local members, but re-shipping? I'm too impatient for all that!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 2b)

We did a coop last year, not through DG. We saved about 40% on almost $1000 worth of iris. This meant that the exchange/shipping/customs etc was included in the cost. Very worth it for us.
Inanda

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Well on this one it may not seem like alot of savings, but you are getting a few things not easiely found.

All the other places I looked at on the internet wanted 12.00 each for the walking Iris (Blue)
I would guess it all depends if the co-op has anything you want.

I just bought from the one with cannas. The rhyzomes are huge and they were .27 cents and .57 cents each. You can't get a rhyzome that size here in a gallon pot and a samller one in a gallon pot is 3.00 and up. Also here you get the colors available and the choices on the co-op were out of this world.

I would recommend going to the co-op forum and just browsing a few. There are only about 2 open, but you can still see the prices one the ones that are closed and pictures of what was available.

Inada, That was great for Iris. Wow.

Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.