josephine evijohill clematis double pink

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This one looks like it's lavender, but the picture didn't come out right, it's really a double pink, and I think that ball in the center, doesn't really open up all the way. it's beautiful though I think, I just got this one a month ago or so

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Stunning! that was a really good purchase! Can you tell me where you bought it at?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Kathy Ann ~ how long did yours take to bloom from the time you planted it? Mine was very brittle and spindly; took about 4 years to bloom.

The little ball of petals takes about a month before they all open. By then the large outer petals will fall off and it will look like a big poof-ball. :)

This started opening 10 days ago ~

Thumbnail by Moby
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Mine had those 3 buds on it when I bought it, it was in a 2 gallon pot and I paid l5.00 for it, which was expensive I thought, but all the other ones were l5 too. and it was a 2 gallon instead of a l gallon, and it had a nice little trail growing on it. far as I know those are the only 3 blooms though. it's already as tall as me 5 foot now. planted by my front door in the shade. I know she's out of them, but I got it a t a little specialty nursery here close to where I live, she always tries to get unusual thing s and she's very very pricy, but worth it if your lookin gfor special things , or unusual things

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Well I think you got a wonderful deal! Especially for a blooming size plant.

I think mine was $18 plus shipping when I got it 5 or 6 years ago.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

wow, I guess I won't complain then, better get back to that nursery to see if they have others left LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Would be a crime if you didn't! ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.