Part of my Pulmonaria collection

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Not all are open yet but here are the few that are currently in bloom: Pulmonaria montana (aka rubra)

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Pulmonaria 'Majeste'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Pulmonaria angustifolia (aka azurea)

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Pulmonaria officinalis

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'

Thumbnail by Todd_Boland
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Very nice collection, Todd, I have a couple of these and they are done here and make for wonderful early color. Do these ever seed or do they put out runners? I have babies where I know I didn't plant.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Excellent collection of Pulmonaria! I love them all, but I think my favorite is the Pulmonaria officinalis. Wonderful foliage even without the beautiful flowers! However, the foliage on the Pulmonaria 'Majeste' is fantastic too!

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

Todd - they're all beautiful! I only had one and it seems to have not come back. Guess I should check what zone they are!

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Great plants--thanks for sharing the photos.

I added my first pulmonaria this spring (a DG trade!) and hope to add others over time--this gives me some great ideas of varieties to look into to see if they are zoned to my area.

Seeing pics of established clumps is very helpful!

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Todd: I am pretty sure that you have been responsible for adding plants to my wish list in the past. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

About everything I know about Pulmonaria came from this link:
http://hardyplants.com/Pulmonar.htm

Anybody have information on how this plant does in the Mid-Atlantic? Will it go dormant in the summer? How early in the spring does it bloom? It it done blooming before most hostas have emerged?

- Brent

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Our Pulmonaria are finished blooming by the time the Hostas are just getting started. In you area, they would probably bloom in March seeing as they start here in early May. Wether they would go dormant in summer, I can't say. They certainly stay green here up until the snow falls in November.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Todd, those are beautiful, I have about 6 or 7 of them, not near that size, most have lost their tags though unfortunately. none are in bloom now either. wishing they were, so I could identify some of them, or getthem identified. but I sure do enjoy the foilage on them. they multiply pretty desently for me too

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Todd...I luv them all!! I have the first and fourth one. I have never seen the Pulmonaria angustifolia (aka azurea) before. You sure have lots of it...lol.
;) Donna

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

P. angustifolia is perhaps my fastest spreader, next to P. montana. They all seem to do very well in Newfoundland...they MUST love the cool, damp weather!

(Zone 4b)

I divide mine like crazy! They provide great interest all season!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.